M4 Adjustable Stock removal

nwbaxter66

Am having some trouble removing the adjustable stock from my M4, after reviewing the manual closely, and following the instructions, I still cannot get the stock to move counter-clockwise past the 12 o'clock position and then come back off.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong and wondered if anyone else had had this problem.

I have not fully dissembled the M4, but have removed the trigger assembly.

I am guessing that the next course of action is to remove barrel and bolt assembly, but I can't really see how this would cause the problem.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Am having some trouble removing the adjustable stock from my M4, after reviewing the manual closely, and following the instructions, I still cannot get the stock to move counter-clockwise past the 12 o'clock position and then come back off.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong and wondered if anyone else had had this problem.

I have not fully dissembled the M4, but have removed the trigger assembly.

I am guessing that the next course of action is to remove barrel and bolt assembly, but I can't really see how this would cause the problem.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Sounds like a smith would be due a call or Benelli C/S or Maybe a tour in the USMC would help then you could clear a few buildings and really get some use from that expensive gunsafe magnet or just move to Albuquerque and leave it next to your bed every night off safe!! they are cool looking guns as long as Uncle Sam is paying for them! for home protection give me a mini-14 and a couple high cap mags and i think the home invaders would be a tad more surprised if they tried to visit me in the am!! Brownells also has a GUN TECH link that might give ya some insight!! Funny thing 20 years of tearing down Ar15's and C-130's never had an issue taking anything apart, it was normally reversing the procedure that whipped everyone!

'expensive gun safe magnet'...?? wtf ?? the M4 is the smoothest, fastest shooting shotgun out there and the fun factor is HIGH! 'for home protection give me a mini-14 and a couple high cap mags'....again, wtf?? ever heard of over penetration?? 5.56 travels thru drywall real good, so here you are blazing away at mr bad guy and you actually shoot your family members 3 rooms away or even your neighbors in the next house! Not sure what you have against M4's but they are far superior to the mini-14 in most CQB situations for which they were designed. Just stick around here and you might learn a few things.

'expensive gun safe magnet'...?? wtf ?? the M4 is the smoothest, fastest shooting shotgun out there and the fun factor is HIGH! 'for home protection give me a mini-14 and a couple high cap mags'....again, wtf?? ever heard of over penetration?? 5.56 travels thru drywall real good, so here you are blazing away at mr bad guy and you actually shoot your family members 3 rooms away or even your neighbors in the next house! Not sure what you have against M4's but they are far superior to the mini-14 in most CQB situations for which they were designed. Just stick around here and you might learn a few things.

20 years in the military i think i know a tad about Military Police! Just have a better chance of killing something with more rounds flying and the pattern on an M4 is not very big in CQ as in 10 to 20 ft!! I have nothing against M$ or you and thanks for serving BTW! Most bad guys use high powered assault rifles and i just do not wanta be overpowered holding a 12 Guage? Do not have family members and if an intruder is in my house neighbors are in trouble i guess!

thanks for your 20 yrs as well..but contrary to what most people think, according to latest FBI crimes statistics, 'high powered assault weapons' were used in less than 1% of violent crimes comitted in the US..as for the pattern, at 10-20 ft id rather have 9-12 pellets flying in a tight pattern with knockdown punch rather than a high speed bullet that will over penetrate and under expand..just something to think about..as for your neighbors, just glad i dont live beside of ya..hahah

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for your 20 yrs as well..but contrary to what most people think, according to latest FBI crimes statistics, 'high powered assault weapons' were used in less than 1% of violent crimes comitted in the US..as for the pattern, at 10-20 ft id rather have 9-12 pellets flying in a tight pattern with knockdown punch rather than a high speed bullet that will over penetrate and under expand..just something to think about..as for your neighbors, just glad i dont live beside of ya..hahah

ABQ is not a friendly place when the meth heads get a wild hair to come watch you sleep!! That 1 % violent crime stat will go up if i get a visit and yes i do not wanta a tight pattern i wanta spray the entire doorway and adjacent walls cause they could be standing around corner!! Also ya dump a couple high cap mags on their ass and miss them , the low lifes will probably not come back!! probably loose that BUZZZ they had also!!

That 1 % violent crime stat will go up if i get a visit and yes i do not wanta a tight pattern i wanta spray the entire doorway and adjacent walls cause they could be standing around corner!! Also ya dump a couple high cap mags on their ass and miss them , the low lifes will probably not come back!! probably loose that BUZZZ they had also!!

I take it that the words 'shot placement' don't mean much to you.

Here's a hint: It's what stops bad guys cold.

newbaxter66, I read your mail too quick. Your question was "Am having some trouble removing the adjustable stock from my M4"

1st if the model is 11707 then, with the muzzle facing left and the adjustable stock in your right hand "Fully Collapsed". Depress adjustable stock button and look at the top of the Stock Rod. You'll see a dimple, then one line, then the second line. On the second line stop then turn the butt stock toward you, then slide it all the way off. That's it. Have fun.