M1014 magazine extension

mrjoed2

Geetings, I went to the local gunstore that caters to LE&such,check your Benelli dealer too.Screws rite in,same spring useage and I took off the mag spring retaining cap to get one more in,plus one on the lifter and there it is ,9 shot 2/3 inch capacity.The weapon is easy on the shoulder so I can blast all day long. see ya M1014 smile.gif ;)

[ 01-03-2004, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]

Originally posted by M1014:

Geetings, I went to the local gunstore that caters to LE&such,check your Benelli dealer too.Scews rite in,same spring useage and I took off the mag spring retaining cap to get one more in,plus one on the lifter and there it is ,9 shot 2/3 inch capacity.The weapon is easy on the shoulder so I can blast all day long. see ya M1014 smile.gif ;)

Thanks - I have checked all my local dealers (FL)and even some out of state and nobody seems to have one. Could you tell me who you bought yours

from and I will give them a try.

Happy shooting...

Joe.

Originally posted by M1014:

Geetings, I went to the local gunstore that caters to LE&such,check your Benelli dealer too.Scews rite in,same spring useage and I took off the mag spring retaining cap to get one more in,plus one on the lifter and there it is ,9 shot 2/3 inch capacity.The weapon is easy on the shoulder so I can blast all day long. see ya M1014 smile.gif ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey M1014,

I tried to send you a private message, but your mailbox is full.Called Benelli, they just got a backorder or the extensions in!!

my dealer has one coming for me.

Thanks for checking !!

Later, Joe

Originally posted by mrjoed2:

Hi everybody...

Does anyone know where I can pick up the

2 shot mag extension for the M1014 ?

Really want one..

Thanks

Cal's has the 2 shot extensions ($65) back in stock finialy. I guess they came in on Jan 16, that is when the web site was updated. I got mine coming, get yours soon, there are not many. Only 4 (2 3/4) go in the mag and 2 more with the extension. you have to put the standard field stock ($85) (lose the pistol grip) on to stay legal. Same advice on getting it soon. Here is the link

Mag extension link

http://www.calssportingarmory.com/BenelliMagExtensions.htm

Standard Field stock link

http://www.calssportingarmory.com/BenelliStockForends.htm

Originally posted by fawndog:

... I have read about how the tube will allow you 9 in the 1014, how is this possible?...

Remove the short limiter plug in the magazine, that will get you up to five.

Add the mag extension and you're up to seven.

Put one in the chamber for eight.

And now for the "secret extra round": before you put the last round in the chamber, pull back the bolt about halfway. You'll have to manipulate the bolt and shell carrier, but it is possible to load a round on the shell carrier and let the bolt slide over it.

Now drop the last round in the chamber.

Voila! Nine 2&3/4 rounds are loaded!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to post an update. First of all I doubted you guys on your info, I had good reason, for that I'll apologise.

It all started when I went to load my 1014, I got less in the tube then I was led to believe, so I took everything out of the magazine tube that I could. Still no luck, (these guys must be sh1ttn me), then Sunday I went to a 3 gun match to watch how it was done and get my 1014 sighted in for slugs at 50 yrds.

This baby rocks! Once sighted it put Federal premium slugs on the "X", 9, and 8. My friend wanted to try it and it put a grin from ear to ear on his face.

So after it's good to go I went to see my LEO buds shoot 3 gun just 100yrds away at a different range. Only 1 out of 5 had a 11-87, the rest had M1s, and one guy had an M3. One of my LEO buds kept getting a failure to eject. After 2 rounds I offered the 1014 up for him to try. I only regret that I didn't get to compete myself, because that gun worked flawlessly and he was indeed pleased with it.

USMC rules of gunfighting : 9.5 Use a gun that works EVERY TIME.

[ 02-02-2004, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: fawndog ]