Upland this weekend

Upland

Howdy all,

My first post in the forums, glad to be here and look forward to posting lots more!

Going for pheasant this weekend with a new Stoeger Condor I bought today and am pretty stoked about it!! A new shotgun, a bird dog that don't point, and lots of friends... life isn't any better.

Does anyone here have the 26" Condor here?

Well, not too much to report for pheasants, however, did ok for quail with 4. I will definitely need to make time for the range and practice with the new shotgun.

We jumped a nice sized rooster and wouldn't you know the the safety works!! :( laughed for a while with that one...

The dog was useless as ever...

I need to post a little more to get the photo to work...

• 2 weeks later...

I shoot a 26" Condor. It has been trouble-free. When new I took the stock off and flushed out the mechanism and a lot of sooty black powder came out. Other than that I just lube the heck out of it and shoot, shoot, shoot! A lot of people complain about the fit and finish on these, but maybe they have improved them, because I just don't see that problem on mine. It's definitely not as nice as a $1500.00 o/u, but it's $1200.00 cheaper!

I agree, for the price, you certainly can't go wrong. I had a great time shooting with it and look forward to another 6 or so weeks of pheasant/quail hunting. I just picked up a box of the load I was shooting for a steal, Federal Game load 7 1/2, easy shooting...

• 2 weeks later...

Been out twice in the past month myself. Western Kansas near Ness City on the weekend of the 16/17/18 November. Hunted Friday afternoon, Saturday, and Sunday morning. Waaaay too hot to be pheasant hunting. Way too hot to be mid-November. But between 7 of us, we bagged 15 roosters. I had 2 solo kills plus at least 3 where I "contributed."

Went out yesterday near Atchison KS, on State land that requires a drawing to hunt. Bagged one rooster, plus two bobwhite quail, one male, one female.

Good hunting, and waaaay better than being in an office at work, that's for sure.

I use a 28" Condor I've had since January of 2001. This gun has helped me bag many, many pheasants.

Frankly, it has a trigger like a Daisy Red Rider, and that's AFTER I did some polishing on the mechanism to make it better than it was. But it fits me reasonably well, and it keeps going bang when I pull the trigger.

Tim

This year I used a new Winchester Traditional Elegance O/U 26” that I got on clearance this spring. It is light and is great as a carry gun, but use the M2 with the limiter removed when blocking.

In two trips this year, 8 – 10 (depending on the day) or use got 80 pheasant in three days.

The second trip 5 of use got 24 pheasant and 4 partridges in 4 days.

Upland

These hunts were on private land in Soth Dakota, they had a great hatch, rian in August to provide great cover. The number of pheasant are insane. One day (you can't start hunting until 10:00 AM) we had 10 guys and rooster number 30 hit the ground at 1:20.

If you love to hunt pheasant, South Dakota is the place to go.