The Benelli Buls%#%

birdman70

i have accomplished what i set out to do....i now have a forum of ambassadors who will think twice before selling one on the promise of a banelli, especially with barrels...and more especially with new product launches.

i now have retailers who will not sell on hope...or common sense that a bird barrell would be easier to get in the post sell. Not true.

What i haven't accomplished is know when it will be available. i like guns. I wanted to have a new one for turkey. Now that I can't use my Benelli, or at least it seems, I will go buy one..probably today....i'm in the mood. And the point ends here, I now have a very bad taste that could have been resolved with Benelli, not the retailer, telling me when the barrells will even be manufacutred and available through the retailer. What I buy today will not be a Benelli. Hey, you know what, I guess Benelli's philosphy works. Raise the tide of sales for everyone. I'm off.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to have a new one for turkey. What I buy today will not be a Benelli.

Too bad - they are the bomb for turkeys - the generally tight Benelli bore works well with the new small high density non-tox loads that are becoming so popular like Win XR 6's, Federal Heavyweight 7.5's, etc.

I own 7-8 brands of shotguns, and the SBE II is the best performing turkey gun I own.

I love Brownings for steel shot because they are overbored, but the Benelli is my turkey gun fo sho :)

understand your point of view...money...etc...worth the wait....i would be ok with that if i'm told or at least lied to about when it can be expected....so i can plan....instead...it has been nothing but a back and forth...not giving answers...everyone being confused....and i'm damn positive i'm not the only one who has been misinformed and been wrongly sucked into a gun platform that was not ready for the market...and the bottom line...i dont think it is worth the wait....not at all.

Here we go again,

Never ever listen to the "guy at the counter"

with a little research of you r questions you will soon know mor ethan the guy behind the counter.

Bought my M2 MAx4 of the shel good price love the gun amd have never had an issue calling CS about anything.

Thy even sent me a backup part i thought was bad on my Super sport .

Ended up operator error.

I have 2 benellis and can't decide which one i like more.

Benelli...the company...brings a product to the market that they have the back up so customers are not left in the cold. They need to and should only bring products to market when they are ready

The thing about that is, as Mud mentioned, it isn't in THEIR interests. YOU, 1 in probably 1000. Wants to buy a spare barrel for his M2 in APG, so what Benelli said, is that YOU need to get YOUR gun dealer to ORDER you one. Because Benelli, DOES NOT sell direct. You should blame Cabelas for not stocking the product, it isn't Benellis fault that stores don't stock their barrels. Its like complaining to Winchester because Walmart doesn't stock their ammo.

(not bragging or having an ego...but I am the founder of a 25 million dollar company and quite frankly can buy a benelli for every species on the planet),

You could buy a Benelli for every species on the planet? Then buck up and buy yourself another M2 with a bird barrel. Damn, I've never seen bigger tight wads then rich guys. I know 3 dozen of them. Do you guys just look for things to whine about? I mean seriously. Send my your Benelli if you aren't happy with it.

no offense, but you did not read the posts....as they are long..i can understand that....here is the deal....very short...

the reason the dealer doesn't have the barrells is because Benelli hasn't even manufactured them. And, come on, you are telling me that 1 in 1000 gun owners don't switch up barrells? Are you serious? I can tell you that it is the opposite....many do....but ...wait...i take that back..on here...probably many don't because you can't.....

Don't need to, I blast federal true balls out of my SMOOTH BORE. Then I take that gun, and kill ducks, geese and pheasant with it. :D

I'm sure they had spare barrels available in the past, and didn't sell enough to even worry about it. So they stopped bothering to keep extra barrels. I could pick up a slug barrel for my Nova right now, but don't need one.

They sell tons of guns, and make great guns, they aren't going to worry about one dude complaining because he can't get a slug barrel, and aren't worried that your gonna start a forum or whatever bashing it, and I wouldn't either. They make to damn good of guns to worry about it.

no stores can stock the barrells because they do not exist...they have not ...been manufactured...and they don't know when...nope....notta.....ain't happening....no barrellrooskie...they launched the m2 apg platform with nothing to back up the platform...nothing...no barrells...not one....and guess what....cabellas called benelli and they said the will absolutely have three options....little did anyone know....that benelli was thinking for my grand children.....not sure why you are defending...it is ok....i know you love your benelli....it looks cool...cool to tell your buddies...but guess what....their barrell situation is the worst in the industry...and for those...those few, according to you, that like to have add on barrells...benelli is not for them....benelli should just say...you buy what you get..no options...because they piss off more customers then you think....so...my message is for everyone....and frankly...i dont give a **** how many...who is looking to buy a gun and have one that is versatile with multiple barrells.....DO NOT BUY A BENELLI....DO NOT BUY A BENELLI...THEY ARE A MESS WHEN IT COMES TO THAT OFFERING. Everyone agrees on this...most in this forum thread have agreed that Benelli takes forever...and many wait and wait and wait...and wait...and wait....and in my case....i have no clue when they will even be manufactured in Italy. So, enough said. Quite frankly, I think that there are many out there left stranded....the Benelli Barrelless.....the few....the unproud....the angry.

is why i started this whole thing out with saying...there are many on here drunk on the benelli kool aide...you deny facts...

Benelli is a good gun....but it is not the option for anyone ....not one soul....who is considering a purchase of a gun with multiple barrells.

THEY SUCK!!!! When it comes to that offering. In fact, it is unethical and absolutely wrong. Their ads should clearly say, when you are buying this gun, please be warned that you may never see the barrell that you want or want to add ....consider this option the one that you will live with ....forever.....

Maybe, they can't make enough extra barrels? The guns are flying off the shelves to fast to make "extras" for you guys that want an extra barrel. lol

I don't really know, I just have yet to have a complaint with my benelli, I don't need an extra barrel, but I can pick one up right now off of gunbroker if I do want one. But my smooth bore shoots slugs just fine. So my Kool-aid taste great, yours tastes like crap so I've heard. Thats to bad.

I love my benelli, its reliable, patterns great, kills animals, fits me great. I don't have a complaint.

that there are many other great guns on the market...who do care about that "one dude" because they know..because they are true leaders...that one dude matters...each and everyone of their customers....and maybe...just maybe ..that one dude refects the views of many....as well as their buyers....as well as the people in this forum who have written me personally an have agreed....

i'm happy as **** that you love your benelli....i really am...i'm sure i will love my slug m2.....but....here is the point again....

their apg models in all of their platforms have been an example of one of the poorest new product launches in the inudstry....the guns are great...just never...ever buy a new product launch....in fact...i'm suggesting that whenever benelli comes out with a new gun...wait about a year to two years for their operations to catch up with them....remember...there are no extra barrells...they launched an entire apg platform with no support...none at all..no one has answers..not even the retailers that they work very hard on selling their skews...it is awful...and the benelli is great ego will catch up to them....it will...trust me...

I'm betting 95% of people that want a slug gun and a bird gun, get one of each, instead of looking for a barrel. I just really think that benelli doesn't get enough requests for extra barrels for them to bother manufacturing them. And like Mud said, if they did, that would mean they would have to stock every barrel for every gun, in every length and every color. It isn't worth it to them, which is how business works.

yes...it does mean they wuld have to stock barrells for every gun....OMG...do you know what you are writing...are you suggesting they don't?......Do you realize that you are supporting them not to support you.....if their customers aren't worth it to them...then they aren't worth it to you! You damn well better expect that they stock barrells for each and everyone of their offerings.....and if you even want to give them a break....they don't have one..nothing...not one size that supports the new APG scheme.....notta.

I'm on their page here. It isn't worth it TO THEM. That is how business WORKS. My dad owns a business, I work for him, I know how things work, you don't support something that isn't going to make you money.

For instance, we own a company that sells fishing products. One of the products, beads, which are a hot product, sell a ton. But we get a few people a year that want us to pick out the better beads of the batch, and separately package them for them. We say no, it isn't worth it to us. Do we sell less beads because of it? Nope.

I see where you are coming from, you're mad because you can't get a barrel for you gun. I understand that.

Awesome....then you are agreeing with me. If yo want to buy a Benelli with the intention of getting another barrell..go shop somewhere else....thanks man....i appreciate the support.....and thanks for helping to spread the word to everyone who wants that option...to run hard and fast away from benelli. Cheers!

attention all "QUOTE" Turds and Morons , Brownells told me about 30 minutes ago the APG Barrels will be available in Feb of 2008 a grand total of 45 days :D give or take a day or 2 so get them drawers unwadded and get your 625.00 and call Breanna at brownells ext 5392 and order first so you get first or just sell it and slow down on the bashing and complaining!! :rolleyes: yes and you were lucky you bought the slugger cause that barrel is 715.00

Yep this info is the same he was told by Benelli and guess he did not wanta order one like he was advised to do?,Well i can't help that a hole lot but i do have a big bottle of Whine that i picked up for 2.99 that i will part with! and it is in stock!:) Cheese is allways gone around my house helps me keep my Colesetroil above 300!:)