Carlson's vs Jellyhead

tdaniel377

I just had to say that I was greatly surprised today!I finally was able to get my hands on some of the Hevi-13 3.5" 2 1/4 oz #6 turkey loads at a local sport store.Those things are as scarce as hen's teeth around here.

Anyhow when I got home I proceeded to pattern some of those precious shells thru the Jellyhead and two different Carlson's tubes I have,one which is .665" and ported and the other is .650" and not ported.To my surprise the Carlson .650",which should be too tight for the Hevi,nearly shredded the turkey on the target at a measured 40yds,with the Jellyhead being really close to the same pattern.The ported .665" tube didnt do nearly as well.

All these were shot thru my Supernova and using the Quakerboy targets.I will try to post some pics a lil later.

I just thought you guys would like to know how it turned out,also gives some of the others a good idea for a starting point.

Quakerboy,did you try the Hevi-shot #6 thru the SSX tube you have with the .643" ID?

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

I use Jelly Head Maximum choke with my Benelli Nova 12 Gauge Pump w/ #4 NITRO Turkey Shells from Remington 

1 Shot , The jake was lined up with the Toms head so I was focused on the tom and fired with that said I seen the jake flopping and alert so I had to put him down and praised the good LORD for my Blessings.. I used Primos slate call with cuttin stick and box call was ozarks bottoms made by red head calls.. nice high pitches very good investment.. 

20190416_165241.jpg

20190420_081844.jpg

20190420_082215.jpg

• 2 months later...