Sling? - Super Black Eagle II

salukis

Hey guys

I would like to purchase a sling for my Super Black Eagle II. My gun already has the studs in place for a sling so I would like to utlize them if possible. I really like the Claw Rifle Sling made by Quake Industries and it doesn't slip on your shoulder. I was at Cabelas this past weekend and was prepared to buy this sling until I had a guy behind the gun counter try one on a SBEII they had in stock. The probem was it didn't fit. The sling swivel wouldn't fit the stud on the magazine cap. I'm not sure if the stud was recessed to far back from the factory or if it was the design of the mag cap itself that wouldn't allow it to fit. The mag cap on the SBEII isn't flat but rather concaves slightly inward which keeps the stud from sticking out very far. Quake Industries also makes a Claw shotgun sling, however it is designed to slip over the gun stock and barrel. Since my gun has the studs for the sling, again I would rather utlize them.

My question to those who own a SBEII or know about them:

Have you tried the Claw Rifle sling on a SBEII and had success?

Was it the gun in Cabelas, or do you think it is true to say that no SBEII will accept the sling I like (Claw Rifle sling)?

If you have a sling on your SBEII or know of a good sling what do you recommend?

I called Quake Industries customer service and they were not much help. They could only suggest the Claw shotgun sling that slips over the stock and barrel which I didn't really want. They really didn't know about their applications (what slings fit what guns, models, etc.)

I would apreciate any input you might have in regards to Slings for a SBEII.

Thanks.

Claw slings are the way to go. Simple, unobtrusive, comfortable and priced right. Although you lose the advantage of a non-marring, silent swivel in the Hush Stalker II, you can always choose to go with another type of sling swivel up front.

• 9 months later...

Just received my new SBE II LH in the APG HD & am looking for the same ... a high quality, functional "non-slipping" sling for Turkey Hunting.

Glad to see the post about the Quake Hush Stalker II swivel not fitting the SBE IIs cap ... that's unfortunate, as I have been seriously looking at the Claw & the Claw Contour slings.

Quake offers their Hush Stalker II Swivels in 1" & 1 1/4" sizes & I wonder which size comes standard on their slings - does anyone know ??

I'll probably give the Claw Contour a try & just change out the front swivel if need be.

I ordered the Beartooth Premium Rifle Sling in the RT AdvTmbr & will see how that sling works out when it comes in.

i believe thats the same type of sling i have on my nova right now... a green rubbery type of sling... i searched the one you want and i noticed my swivel on the top is different then the one pictured. mine is metal and it looked as if that one was plastic...