M3 questions and mag extension

waveone

I have read so much about the M4 it makes me wonder if my m3 is essentially obsolete.

One is inertia while the other is time tested gas driven. THough I have never had a problem w/ mine it illicits questions.

What are the advantages of the M4 over the M3?

Does anyone know a source for a mag extension tube for an m3?

thanks

I have read so much about the M4 it makes me wonder if my m3 is essentially obsolete.

One is inertia while the other is time tested gas driven. THough I have never had a problem w/ mine it illicits questions.

What are the advantages of the M4 over the M3?

Does anyone know a source for a mag extension tube for an m3?

thanks

I have a few M3 questions for ya.

Is the trigger guard plastic or metal?

Is the barrel/bolt-head chrome-lined?

Does the fire-end "rattle" like the Nova, or is it SOLID?

Fixed choke, right? IC? (Does this mean there is no choke and no threads, just a barrel contoured to IC dimensions and chrome-lined?

Do you have the rifle or pistol-grip stock?

Sorry for sidetracking, but I have been thinking about the M4 and overlooked the M3, which I think may be a viable alternative as I would enjoy being able to fire low recoil buckshot and whatnot.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=23213&title=SHOTGUN%20MAGAZINE%20TUBE%20EXTENSION%20KIT

Part Number

100-003-176

2-shot extension kit.

^redemption for my sidetracking :)

I was really interested in the M3 but I called Canadian Firearms Center and they said me that the gun was prohibited (thanks to our stupid, non-sense, gun laws). Gun laws suck here. Centerfire autoloading guns are limited to 5 rounds mags while rimfire guns can have unlimited capacity mags... AR-15 and pistols are restricted, meaning that you need a special licence to buy them and another licence everytime you want to carry them from one place to another. And some guns are prohibited just because they look "Evil" (M3 doesn't even look "evil")... I'm really thinking of moving to USA...

oh and for your M3 extension, look for SureCycle ones. I own one for my SuperNova and I am very pleased with it.

http://www.surecycle.com/default.asp?page_id=3&parent_id=0&CategoryId=30

http://www.surecycle.com/picture_popup.asp?product_id=82

I have a few M3 questions for ya.

Is the trigger guard plastic or metal?

Is the barrel/bolt-head chrome-lined?

Does the fire-end "rattle" like the Nova, or is it SOLID?

Fixed choke, right? IC? (Does this mean there is no choke and no threads, just a barrel contoured to IC dimensions and chrome-lined?

Do you have the rifle or pistol-grip stock?

Sorry for sidetracking, but I have been thinking about the M4 and overlooked the M3, which I think may be a viable alternative as I would enjoy being able to fire low recoil buckshot and whatnot.

^redemption for my sidetracking :)

Alright Unobtanium,to your questions:

THe trigger guard is metal, not plastic

Chrome

Solid as a rock, no rattle

Fixed choke, chrome lined

Pistol grip w/ ghost ring sights

And finally I have only shot it perhaps a couple down times at most. I have not trained w/ it as yet. Not a mark on it and just a very light coating of oil as it sits in the Homeland Security Dept -ready for deployment-when needed

It is made in Italy not the US although it is not HK, but Benelli.

and finally USNC Warrior I agree w/ you the only thing that suck worse than our gun laws are yours.

However they are correct about one thing:

THe Benelli M3 &M4 look evil b/c they are evil when those who wish to impose such tyranny must look down the business end of one......

THanks for the links guys , I am going to pick one of the extensions up soon. I also believe I am going to take the standard stock off and convert to the collapsible one. I believe that is possible.

Anyone have any knowledge of this ?Suggestions?

Most stupid thing is that the M3 is prohibited, but anyone (with a firearms license) can own a M4... Anyway, it's still stupid because these guns are not more "eViL" than any other autoloading gun. And, since criminals are criminals, they don't follow the law and easily find these guns anyway. Unfortunately, they will never understand that.

• 4 months later...

Have any of you used this extension before?

THe reason I ask is because the after mkt one does not tighten down as far as the one from the factory. Nor are the tubes exactly the same size.

I suppose I need to purchase the fore end cap with this?

I am also a bit concerned that when closed in the shell port or magazine the silver plunger/firing pin is still visible.

IS this normal?

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a spare extension tube for the M3. Gives it a capacity of 8 rounds 2 3/4 shells. However, someone mentioned that not all M3 have a junction nut so this would only fit those that come "extendable" from the factory.

PM me if if anyone is interested.

Edited by tIII