Can this barrel be repaired?

Devin1955

How much do you want for that barrel?

Pm me and if its a reasonable price I'll buy it and after the Form 1 registration and tax are completed I'll shorten it. It looks like the barrel would be just a little short for what I want- but if the price is fair we can work something out.

That barrel ,as is, is done, finito, fin, muerte.

Don't cut that barrel up. It's against the law without the Form 1 paperwork and Tax.

The "AOW" such as the SERBU, was directed towards a shotgun (in this case) that left the assembly line without a buttstock, but was configured with a "pistol" grip, much as a handgun. It came off the line with a so-called "pistol" grip. That was what the SERBU was made from. Therefore it was not a "SBS" as it started life as a "pistol", not as a shotgun, quite like the old Ithaca "auto burglar".

AOW is not a shotgun according to the Feds, its a "smoothbore handgun". You can never attach a buttstock to it legally.

Those guns are real handy though for snakes around your home and they require only a 5 dollar tax and you don't have to get permission from the BATFE to transport AOW or Silencers across state lines. Also, many States that have prohibitions on SBS (short barreled shotguns) allow the AOW precisely because its classified as a smoothbore handgun. You have to check your local and State Laws.

AOW is not a shotgun according to the Feds, its a "smoothbore handgun". You can never attach a buttstock to it legally.

Those guns are real handy though for snakes around your home and they require only a 5 dollar tax and you don't have to get permission from the BATFE to transport AOW or Silencers across state lines. Also, many States that have prohibitions on SBS (short barreled shotguns) allow the AOW precisely because its classified as a smoothbore handgun. You have to check your local and State Laws.

Don't you feel so much safer knowing that we have laws that protect us :rolleyes:

local & state laws may supercede federal laws. bring a silencer into texas, and get caught with it. by texas law you can NOT saw off any part of a firearm. barrel or stock. the only legal way to own an sbs or aow, is if it was produced as such. texas laws says a shotgun barrel can be no shorter than 18", and must be 24" overall. texas also passed a law this year where you can legally carry a hand gun in your vehicle without a license. but if you drive into dallas or ft worth and get caught with it, they will take you to jail. now i ask you, is that right???

local & state laws may supercede federal laws. bring a silencer into texas, and get caught with it. by texas law you can NOT saw off any part of a firearm. barrel or stock. the only legal way to own an sbs or aow, is if it was produced as such. texas laws says a shotgun barrel can be no shorter than 18", and must be 24" overall. texas also passed a law this year where you can legally carry a hand gun in your vehicle without a license. but if you drive into dallas or ft worth and get caught with it, they will take you to jail. now i ask you, is that right???

You can have ANY NFA Weapon in Texas. You just can't have one in Texas that is not a Federally Registered and Taxed Weapon. Texas has no law that Supercedes the Federal Laws. Other Places like NY California and even Alabama (no SBR or SBS, MG and Silencers are OK), for instance, do. Call the BATFE and ask them (304) 616-4500. Ask for the NFA Branch and talk to an Examiner (Ted Clutter is nice). Because you have to get a Form 5320.20 to take a Machine Gun or a SBR, SBS BUT NOT a AOW or Silencer across State Lines, these people know the State and Local Laws.

I got a replacement barrel. Is the damaged one of any value? If so I'd like to recover a little of the cost of the replacement. Still has good gas pistons, front sight and sling mount.

If anyone has any use for it, make an offer. Otherwise I'll just hang it up on my shop wall as a reminder...

Devin, email sent.

You can have ANY NFA Weapon in Texas. You just can't have one in Texas that is not a Federally Registered and Taxed Weapon. Texas has no law that Supercedes the Federal Laws. Other Places like NY California and even Alabama (no SBR or SBS, MG and Silencers are OK), for instance, do. Call the BATFE and ask them (304) 616-4500. Ask for the NFA Branch and talk to an Examiner (Ted Clutter is nice). Because you have to get a Form 5320.20 to take a Machine Gun or a SBR, SBS BUT NOT a AOW or Silencer across State Lines, these people know the State and Local Laws.

i talked to the Texas State Police.they seem to have a different veiw on this subject.by federal law you may saw a barrel off. by Texas law, you may NOT. in Texas most of the weapons you name reqiure an FFL to legaly own. and im not about to stake 25 yrs of my freedom on a federal agent that does not live here.

i talked to the Texas State Police.they seem to have a different veiw on this subject.by federal law you may saw a barrel off. by Texas law, you may NOT. in Texas most of the weapons you name reqiure an FFL to legaly own. and im not about to stake 25 yrs of my freedom on a federal agent that does not live here.

They are not correct. Unfortunately, the State Police in any state are not very knowledgeable about anything not involving moving violations. Texas has some of the best laws in the country regarding NFA.

You should go to a local C3 dealer and ask them about the process, they'll direct you properly.