Anyone use WOLF Recoil Springs?

NJgunner

I have a SBII that went through one hunting seasons. I broke it in right but pheasant hunting with high brass I had some problems with jamming and not fully ejecting only the first round. Benelli said to oil the recoil spring tube but by then pheasant was over. No problems shooting buckshot. Has anyone replaced their spring with the 25% extra power spring from WOLF?Is this better than stock and can I still shoot low brass?

I've been using Wolff springs for many years.

All my Benellis have fed whatever I give them, factory springs or Wolff springs, so I can't really say if the Wolff springs are 'better'.

I buy the Wolff springs just because I heard they were good. They seem to work fine.

I've been using Wolff springs for many years.

All my Benellis have fed whatever I give them, factory springs or Wolff springs, so I can't really say if the Wolff springs are 'better'.

I buy the Wolff springs just because I heard they were good. They seem to work fine.

U have a SBII?

I have a SBII that went through one hunting seasons. I broke it in right but pheasant hunting with high brass I had some problems with jamming and not fully ejecting only the first round. Benelli said to oil the recoil spring tube but by then pheasant was over. No problems shooting buckshot. Has anyone replaced their spring with the 25% extra power spring from WOLF?Is this better than stock and can I still shoot low brass?

What does your ejection pattern look like when you shoot the pheasant rounds and it DOES eject? (Distance/O'clock angle from the port)?

What does your ejection pattern look like when you shoot the pheasant rounds and it DOES eject? (Distance/O'clock angle from the port)?

The shell doesnt eject and it would get stuck sticking out sideways in the gun. I sprayed cleaner with the plunger depressed and then used a 20 gauge cotton swab to clean recoil tube i then put about 6 drops of clp around the tube and worked up and down with the screwdriver...I may take it apart completely and clean it all out although i shouldnt really have to its only been through one hunting season...after benelli told me to oil it more pheasant season was over but buckshot fired fine in it.

The shell doesnt eject and it would get stuck sticking out sideways in the gun. I sprayed cleaner with the plunger depressed and then used a 20 gauge cotton swab to clean recoil tube i then put about 6 drops of clp around the tube and worked up and down with the screwdriver...I may take it apart completely and clean it all out although i shouldnt really have to its only been through one hunting season...after benelli told me to oil it more pheasant season was over but buckshot fired fine in it.

Use a heavier load. Putting a heavier spring in that weapon will just make things worse. If anything, put a reduced spring in it for firing weak loads. I would leave it alone and modify your ammunition choice.

Use a heavier load. Putting a heavier spring in that weapon will just make things worse. If anything, put a reduced spring in it for firing weak loads. I would leave it alone and modify your ammunition choice.

Ok im gonna try it now that its lubed up better. Do you think depressing plunger with a screwdriver and spraying it out then using a 20gauge cotton swab to make dry and putting about 6 dropsof clp around the tube is sufficient lube?

Ok im gonna try it now that its lubed up better. Do you think depressing plunger with a screwdriver and spraying it out then using a 20gauge cotton swab to make dry and putting about 6 dropsof clp around the tube is sufficient lube?

I just blasted my tube with it and shook it around and let it drain and and accepted that it was gonna splatter and leak for a bit. I gun-scrubbered it out first though, wanted to get all the packing grease out first.

I just blasted my tube with it and shook it around and let it drain and and accepted that it was gonna splatter and leak for a bit. I gun-scrubbered it out first though, wanted to get all the packing grease out first.

Maybe that was the issue I still had packing grease in it. I broke it in with alot of buckshot and never had problems but i put a few hundred rounds through the gun and started having problems pheasant hunting. I beleive all the jams were when shootin in the air hence the gravity issue with the bolt. I never knew to lubrication that part though so maybe it just got dry. Ill let you guys know how I make out with these low brass 1oz loads hopefully sunday. Thank you all for your help