SBII Jams again!

NJgunner

I have an SBII that has been giving me problems jamming on the first shot. Ill try and make this as specific as I can. I broke the gun in with high brass and buckshot and everything was fine for a few hundred rounds, even light target loads were fine. I purchased federal ammo for pheasant hunting and it jams first shot two different hunts. All shots after were fine but it failed to eject the empty shell and bolt was basically stuck back so i removed shell and pushed forward. I went deer hunting two seperate times and fired 3 1/2" in bukcshot without any problems. I cleaned and lubricated my recoil tube as I thought that might be the problem and same with the both all oiled with clp. I tried 4 rounds of this federal ammo, first shot JAM! the others were fine then I ran 5 boxes of these remington loads through without a hitch. For some reason the first shot it hangs up. NOW when i pull the bolt back and PUSH it forward sometimes it hangs up (basically looks looks like its locked back and then u have to push forward) if i pull it all the way back and release it, it never locks back always goes forward. BUT pushing it forward after having bolt back sometimes locks it up. I dont know if this is a load issue or what. Here are the loads im using as I said these federals see to jam on the first shot then fine for a few rounds after...all the remingtons were fine. Its only the first shot of the day so to speak. Any ideas? Also does anyone else have this problem with PUSHING the bolt forward and occasionally getting it to hang up? Im annoyed at this gun!

bis2hd.jpg

2nvbad0.jpg

It is normal for a Benelli to hang up when cycled by hand with no shells if you are just pulling the bolt back and forth. I bet it won't hang up the FIRST time you pull it back and ease it foreward after dry-firing. Then subsequent times if you do not pull the trigger, it will hang up when you do this gently. Normal.

Call Benelli and ask about the first shot jam.

should be the other way around the remingtons should not cycle and the federals should. Weird. Are you saying you are cycling the gun by hand and it hangs up.

Thats whats strange its only the first shot and it has only happened with this federal ammo. By hanging up i mean im holding the bolt handle and pulling it all the way back and pushing it forward, sometimes when you goto push forward there is some resistance and if you take your hand off the bolt it will look like its locked back, push forward and it will come free but u gotta use some force.

Thats whats strange its only the first shot and it has only happened with this federal ammo. By hanging up i mean im holding the bolt handle and pulling it all the way back and pushing it forward, sometimes when you goto push forward there is some resistance and if you take your hand off the bolt it will look like its locked back, push forward and it will come free but u gotta use some force.

Normal, due to some interaction with the carrier or whatnot. I am sure someone here knows EXACTLY what's up and can explain better.

Instead of forcing it at this point, pull back that 1/10th inch of slack you have and let go. It will fall nicely into battery. Normal.

Normal, due to some interaction with the carrier or whatnot. I am sure someone here knows EXACTLY what's up and can explain better.

Instead of forcing it at this point, pull back that 1/10th inch of slack you have and let go. It will fall nicely into battery. Normal.

Im gonna call benelli tomorrow but do you have any idea of why the first round hangs up? Lame if i have to walk into the field and fire a round and then be like "ok im ready to hunt" you know what i mean?

Im gonna call benelli tomorrow but do you have any idea of why the first round hangs up? Lame if i have to walk into the field and fire a round and then be like "ok im ready to hunt" you know what i mean?

When you chamber that first round, do you baby the bolt foreward, or do you rip it back and let her fly like you should?

When you chamber that first round, do you baby the bolt foreward, or do you rip it back and let her fly like you should?

I use the bolt release button and let it go fully forward..the round never ejects so maybe the ejector is messed up. BUT like i said only hte first round is like that.