M4 chokes?

getafterit

It used to come with 3-4 chokes, recent reports have been that it no longer does. It will probably ship with a modified choke installed. You can get the additional chokes for pretty cheap, if anything. Benelii sent them to my friend for free when his M4 came without any, but like I said I don't know if they do that anymore.

You can shoot slugs and buckshot through any choke, but you will have varying degrees of accuracy. If you want to most accuracy with a slug, use a looser choke, like a cyl or imp cyl, up to modified I think without really distorting accuracy.

For buckshot, the tighter the constriction the tighter the pattern SHOULD be. However every gun is different and I've read reports of certain OO patterning terribly though a full choke, and better through looser chokes.

You best bet is to get a range of chokes and try them out with the various types of ammo you want to use to find which work best for your gun and ammo choices. You won't hurt anything by doing it, just make sure the choke is screwed on moderately tight when you change chokes.

If ya look at the M4 on the website under specs it tells you what they are supposed to come with, it says cylinder choke tube, but ya get what they send and any dealer can order you the different chokes you need if you want Benelli chokes! http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/partsAccessoriesChokes.tpl

this chart at the bottom of the page explains which Benelli chokes work in their shotguns. Since these guys make Benelli chokes i would think their website would be a wealth of info! http://www.trulockchokes.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi?page=basic_choke_info.htm&cart_id=1654931.84089

Thanks for the link to the choke info.

Why would Benelli use chokes in a shotgun that is designed for tactical/home defense use? Given its design/intended use I dont see a need for having a barrel that would accept chokes. I can clearly see a need for chokes when it comes to a field gun. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the link to the choke info.

Why would Benelli use chokes in a shotgun that is designed for tactical/home defense use? Given its design/intended use I dont see a need for having a barrel that would accept chokes. I can clearly see a need for chokes when it comes to a field gun. Any thoughts?

My thoughts are they are making it versatile so it could be used for a field gun. Its better that you have the availability to use different chokes if you wanted to. Why do you care? If you wanna use cylinder, use cylinder.

My thoughts are they are making it versatile so it could be used for a field gun. Its better that you have the availability to use different chokes if you wanted to. Why do you care? If you wanna use cylinder, use cylinder.

Hmmm. call it OCD.

I know that there is an "extra measure" of maintanance needed when it comes to chokes. They are easy to maintain but if they are not needed then it is something I can do without.

I am sure Ill get used to the M4 utilizing chokes and after I find the right One to use I am sure I wont even know it is there.