Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
jason9223

How can I add a picatiny rail to my Supersport?

I'd like to put an Eotech or Aimpoint for clays.

thanks,

jason

I don't know about a picatinny rail for the Supersport... but Burris makes a "SpeedBead" for it.

speedbead_sideview.jpg

C

I don't know about a picatinny rail for the Supersport... but Burris makes a "SpeedBead" for it.

C

Thanks,

have you tried it?

Thanks,

have you tried it?

I tried it on a friends Franchi... just a few shots, but because it's free of parallax, and subtends your existing bead, it's very natural to use.

They aren't terribly expensive either at about $380 mfg. retail.

C

I use the same sight, the Burris FastFire, on my M2 Tactical, but mounted further forward on a Mesa Tactical Pic rail. I've had it on their for over 2 years. My M2 gets a lot of abuse from me, as I use it when I'm teaching Tactical Shotgun classes. The sight is still 100% trouble free, and it's still running on the original battery.

Jason, how long have you been shooting the clay sports?

My great fear (and I'll bet tucker's, also) is that, by adding an Aimpoint or Burris, you will have a tendency to "check your lead" especially on crossers and lead checking=stopping the gun=missing behind!:(

thanks guys, I got the Burris red-dot and love it! My accuracy in skeet is still the same (about 15/25) but it just feels easier, certainly and improvement.

Here she is (red-dot is there, hard to see):

DSC02032.jpg

I'm not being picky or a pr*ck, but I just learned that what I had always called a 'Picatiny Rail' is a misnomer. According to a recent article in Shotguns News, it is called a '1913 Standard Military Rail' or its abreviations and Picatiny Arsenal had nothing to do with its inception. I tell this only for those like me who like the proper nomenclature.