HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009

tyson129

With your knowledge in politics do you know who Cass Sunstein is and his new position in our government? Let me know how his ideals and the new position he holds could threaten our rights with guns/hunting/and internet forums. After your research tell me how the HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act is not a threat. In your research you may want to see what a Czar has the authority to do and what they are exempt from by law. P.S. knowledge is power, hit those books. How is underwater basket weaving going for you as a major anyways?

My major is Economics, not basket weaving.

I know who Cass Sunstein is and why all the conspiracy theorists hate him. I also post over on Arfcom GD, trust me, I've seen it all before.

I never said that the current administration was not a threat, or that we didn't need to stay vigiliant ... I said that the HR 45 bill is a joke and is not a threat, because it isn't. That's the one YOU started this thread about, and that's the one I am talking about. You are bringing all types of other random crap into a pretty simple disagreement ... you seemed to be under the impression that this was a new bill, and that Obama was somehow behind it, and that is was a major threat to us at the moment ... none of which are true.

That is all I pointed out.

By the way Duggan how is anything I've posted been "misinformation". You posted a link to an outline of the Act itself. And what is your "cause" because all I see you do is mess with noobs on this site and post pictures that although sometimes funny are just plain mean to the people who don't share your views. And just for clarification on your great knowledge on Benellis or guns in general why don't you share with us all how you became such an expert and how many times you've shot your gun or any gun for that matter. Your just a kid with an M4, no field experience of any kind as far as we can tell. I'm pretty sure your a gun range guy, but I could be wrong so please share so we can all take your advice more seriously. Thanks

"Please send this to everybody on your list... this is Obama gun control by secrecy . "

Obama had NOTHING to do with this bill. You're trying to paint this as "his bill", when really that is about as far from the truth as you can get. It sets a precedent about lying about Obama and accusing him of things that he has not done ... once again, the danger is that if this is kept up, when he REALLY is doing something dangerous to us people will not beleive it, because the sensationalists on the right will have lied and tried to pin countless false things on him in times past. You seem to totally not get this point.

I am FAR from an Obama supporter, but at least place blame where blame is deserved, and in this instance the blame has NOTHING to do with Obama.

As far as how much I've shot? I have 13,000 or so rounds through my Benelli m4, probably 15,000 through the various ARs I've had, and uhh ... 5000 or so pistol, probably more, in the year I've had my pistol permit. I've shot tons of various other guns through friends or ranges, but that is my personal round count on my main personal guns ... not that it matters.

I don't have a "purpose" here. I post because I want to, and because I can. I enjoy talking about Benellis, and I help a lot of people. When I see misinformation posted, I feel the need to rectify the situation. Perhaps it is a character flaw, perhaps not. If you don't like it, tough. I never claimed to be a door kicker, and I never claimed to have shot anyone. Neither of those affect my knowledge of gun mechanics or politics.

But since you are so interested in my personal history, how about you, Mr Big 2A defender ... how much money have YOU given to fighting gun control? How many meetings have YOU gone to to discuss the issues with your senators? How many congressmen have YOU sent mail to? Or do you spend all your time posting played out chain emails filled with false alarm gun control misinformation?

Duggan although a senior member has a gun in NY and doesn't shoot as much as I do- I would put a million on it, so if you want to only believe the posts that come from people based on how long they've been part of this forum and not those who have actual experience than that's your choice. Getting mad is a weakness, I'm just playing around with him like he does with everyone else. Funny that even you are recommending the Hornady SST slugs I've been using and recommending, yet sharing an ACT with the community has little interest to you. P.S. Why would you take a post like this from Duggan seriously and not from another active member of these forums? Duggan is not an authority on anything that I have seen thus far so trust his internet knowledge, thought we were all here to help.

Does being from NY somehow disqualify me from knowing anything about guns?

I never claimed to be an authority, but I do have a lot of specific knowledge about certain things.

You probably do shoot more than me at this point, I don't really have much time with my full time job and full time school. That doesn't mean that I haven't had a lot of range time, nor does it mean that I somehow have forgotten anything that I learned.

I really don't know what your deal is with me ... all I did was post that your email was bullsh%t, because it IS bullsh%t. If you can't accept that, I don't know what to tell you.

Thank you Duggan for your response. Most people would read your reply as "feeling the pain" of a fellow shooter, even if she was a woman. I appreciate the thought. I was at the local gun dealer this morning and he is on his 4th month of not receiving ammunition and is really feeling the hurt financially. Nobody in Massachusetts is allowed to receive ammunition without a FFL. Our State Attorney General has promised to go after any person or company that does with the full power of the law. Again, my local gun dealer is being told the ammunition companies are working 24/7 to produce ammunition but so many people are hoarding. Nobody believes that. He has been in the business for 30+ years and has many contacts and still the ammunition is not forth coming. Why? Nobody has a good answer. I can still buy .22's but don't know how much longer that will last. Needless to say, the price has gone up on them. This is so much like Massachusetts. Can't find a way to ban firearms, so dry up the ammunition and ban puchasing through the Internet and catalogs. Plan B. A friend that hunts in several states will try to find a few boxes of .45 ACP for me in October. Still have my M1 S90 in Defense Configuration and plenty of 00 buck and slugs (Zombie medicine).

I personally feel that Obama is not the threat to our weapons that so many think he is. The "American" people are. If enough rotten media can sway their thinking enough that they become anti-gun enough, as a whole, Obama will do what he always does--side with the popular crowd. As long as firearm ownership is popular, Obama has proved time and time again, that he is not going to take a bloody nose by trying to confiscate them.

Obama runs the presidency like he ran his campaign. Saying whatever and doing whatever he thinks the majority wants. He has turned this country from a republic into a democracy, and democracies are very dangerous things.

However, he has doubled back on himself a bit much I think. His popularity is plummeting no matter what now. I think by the end of his term it will be absolutely dismal if he isn't impeached or something by then.

But they can buy silicone and scalpels.

Duggan I quoted this one because the pic is great. I never said Obama is responsible for this old act, just brought it back to the table. Im def not saying that since your from NY you dont know ****, I love NY. Come up here and I will personally treat you to some good hunting and we can talk guns/ammo/whatever. I have a 600 acre lot of land and plenty of game. our season starts Oct 1st on migratory bird which would be great for your M4, we can put all this behind us and talk politics if you want. i was just forwarding an email sent to me by a good friend who is a police officer that I felt was good knowledge and not malicious. The Offer stands if you want otherwise I will end my posts on this thread, no hard feelings, you do know your **** through experience and I appreciate your response. Let me know, its 6 hours from manhattan to my doorstep..Best of luck and if you choose to come, bring all your guns, we have a huge collection ourselves and we can have a lot of fun. PS this is just to bary the hatchet along with mutual respect for our love for guns.. Peace

Duggan I quoted this one because the pic is great. I never said Obama is responsible for this old act, just brought it back to the table. Im def not saying that since your from NY you dont know ****, I love NY. Come up here and I will personally treat you to some good hunting and we can talk guns/ammo/whatever. I have a 600 acre lot of land and plenty of game. our season starts Oct 1st on migratory bird which would be great for your M4, we can put all this behind us and talk politics if you want. i was just forwarding an email sent to me by a good friend who is a police officer that I felt was good knowledge and not malicious. The Offer stands if you want otherwise I will end my posts on this thread, no hard feelings, you do know your **** through experience and I appreciate your response. Let me know, its 6 hours from manhattan to my doorstep..Best of luck and if you choose to come, bring all your guns, we have a huge collection ourselves and we can have a lot of fun. PS this is just to bary the hatchet along with mutual respect for our love for guns.. Peace

I wish I had time. 600 acres is a lot of land to shoot on ... I'd actually get to shoot farther than 200 yards for once! Unfortunately I almost surely will be swamped with work/school this semester, as I am graduating and need to boost my GPA to a 3.3. I will keep it in mind though, thanks for the offer!

I wish I had time. 600 acres is a lot of land to shoot on ... I'd actually get to shoot farther than 200 yards for once! Unfortunately I almost surely will be swamped with work/school this semester, as I am graduating and need to boost my GPA to a 3.3. I will keep it in mind though, thanks for the offer!

No prob, anytime. Best of luck