m2 american vs m2

gillysmi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
The M2 has 2 more chokes, comfortech and the take down hard case and the american doesn't.

Hard case = $40 if you must, 2 more chokes = $60-100, limbsaver or other replacement butt for more comfort if needed = $30-70

Average savings on M2 American over M2 Field = $300-400 range.

For someone who doesn't care about all the extras, the American is a **** of a deal because your getting a well-built Benelli at a heck of a price.

I have M2 CT, M2 American and SBEII American.

Unless you want to show off your CT stock, get the American. I've already replaced the comb on my American because of water or something seeping into it. I tried to get Benelli to swap me out an American stock but they would only sway a CT stock (go figure). No difference in recoil either, in my opinion.

You can add a CT stock for around $200 later on if you like. Everything else is the same (except two more chokes you'll probably never use).

Happy shooting. jed