M4 Entry questions..

FloridaMarine

I tried to search the threads to answer as many questions I had, so please excuse me for any redundance.

Regarding the Benelli M4 Entry w/ fixed pistol grip stock, will these accept a c-stock, or do you have to replace the tube to make it adapt?

Also, where can you purchase a three point recoil tube???

Thanks, guys!

Edited by FloridaMarine

The way you asked the question doesn't make any sense. If it comes with a collapsible stock, model 11724, then it's moot. If you buy the model 11722, with the pistol grip stock, it will have the 3 position tube already installed on the receiver which will accept a collapsible stock.

Yes, I am unaware of model numbers regarding the entry model.

I know Impact is selling the fixed stock model for $1,600, which is affordable for me. I would like to incorporate a collapsible stock on it, but I was unaware if the fixed stock model would accept a collapsible stock without having to place the recoil tube.

I know there are M4 full size models that don't accept the c-stock unless you replace the recoil tube.

That is why I asked.

Obviously I wouldn't be asking you if the collapsible stock model would accept I collapsible stock.:rolleyes:

Yes, I am unaware of model numbers regarding the entry model.

I know Impact is selling the fixed stock model for $1,600, which is affordable for me. I would like to incorporate a collapsible stock on it, but I was unaware if the fixed stock model would accept a collapsible stock without having to place the recoil tube.

I know there are M4 full size models that don't accept the c-stock unless you replace the recoil tube.

That is why I asked.

Obviously I wouldn't be asking you if the collapsible stock model would accept I collapsible stock.:rolleyes:

Well, the only M4 that doesn't have the 3 position tube is the M1014 or one from several years ago. All the current, read new, M4's ship with the 3 position tube. This includes the entry as well as the standard models. So..........now you know.:) I guess it's a good thing you edited your original post eh? ;-)

Edited by KB Fab

IDK, where you have been misinformed but you will not be able to acquire the 14" SBS M4 for a mere $1600.00. A few people purchased the 14" barrel alone for $1000.00+ last year when they showed up on gunbroker. Do more research. With extreme luck you will be able to find a barrel for $1000.00, M4 for $1500.00, C-stock for $260.00, and the ATF tax stamp for $200.00. All of the above comes to $2960, and thats pending you don't like accessories.

Pay close attention to the listing: Call for lead time, and Out of stock..accepting orders.

That is advertising.

Not really. I happen to have one on order (deposit paid) with them and know roughly when it's supposed to arrive. I also have a copy of my invoice with the remaining balance listed so I can tell you that I will pay $1699.99 for it. They get them through Beretta Defense and while there IS a lead time, they do arrive based on how they are ordered. Call Clay at Impact and he will explain it all to you.:D

Edited by KB Fab

Thanks for setting me straight. So you've put a deposit on a gun that you don't have an exact date you can actually go purchase it and start the ATF papers. So you havent really purchased it for $1699.00.

Hmmmmm, I've got one you can put a deposit on but see if you actually get it or when I'm done borrowing your money I'll send you a zero interest refund.

How would you process the form 4 without knowing the serial of the weapon? Seems like you'd have to wait for it to be in stock, transfer it to your C3 dealer, begin the tax stamp. Wait for that to clear, then take possession.

That's EXACTLY how it happens. It's why I told that dumbass to call Clay at Impact and he could walk him through it. Jesus.:rolleyes:

Oh and if shortofmoney thinks that Impact is going to order an out of stock weapon/don't order it until we get an order without some sort of deposit then he really needs some schooling.:D

Edited by KB Fab

How would you process the form 4 without knowing the serial of the weapon? Seems like you'd have to wait for it to be in stock, transfer it to your C3 dealer, begin the tax stamp. Wait for that to clear, then take possession.

Assuming it's an out of state purchase, you don't start a Form 4 'till after it's already transferred into you class 3 on a Form 3. So yes, the seller couldn't start the Form 3 without having a S/N and the item on-hand (so you get to wait for 2 transfers once the seller actually has it).

Transfers are supposed to be getting faster (compared to last year), but I have three out (two Form 4s and one Form 3) and so far I wouldn't say it's a whole lot faster.

Edited by Super Dak©

I've spoken to both Clay and Brandon at impact today. They verified the price at $1,600. However, they did advise there is a wait time, and that he may have more information about the lead time at the end of the week.

As far as obtaining the form 4, they advised you would order the weapon, and the weapon would remain at your FFL until you completed the form 4. Yes, two transfers. Good things are worth waiting for.

KB Fab, I appreciate your help.

Edited by FloridaMarine

As far as obtaining the form 4, they advised you would order the weapon, and the weapon would remain at your FFL until you completed the form 4. Yes, two transfers. Good things are worth waiting for.

I agree, and two transfers is no big deal (it's standard for any out of state NFA purchase). My Sterling was 3 transfers and took 11 months (and it's definately worth it to me!!)

I've spoken to both Clay and Brandon at impact today. They verified the price at $1,600. However, they did advise there is a wait time, and that he may have more information about the lead time at the end of the week.

KB Fab, I appreciate your help.

No problem. I hope it all works out for you. Here is a little search I turned up about Impact guns. http://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/gunsmiths/impact-guns-in-ogden-ut-4001178 The other google stuff that came up was mostly positive. The only negative stuff I found sounded like the folks were butthurt about something stupid.:rolleyes:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=impact+guns+review&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Thanks for the correction on the proper transfer form.

Considering the wait times, there are a few other options that might speed up the process. You'd only have to wait on one form.

Complete a Form 1 on a regular 11707. If you already have an M4, this would be the cheapest avenue to approach. Once the tax stamp is returned, either;

1. Buy a 14" barrel like what showed up on gunbroker last year. However, these are kind of hard to find.

2. Have the existing 18" barrel converted to 14". This takes a skilled hand, but is generally cheaper than buying a new 14" barrel.

These guys do work I'm told:

http://www.kingarmory.com/

This is work that they've done:

m4_05.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...