Alllllmost done.

twowheelhooligan

I recall reading a post on here about a month ago where someone also mentioned using this same Surefire switch for their WML. I am VERY pleased with this illumination set-up. The Switch is Surefire SR07. Scout Light, Surefire M80 foreend, Magpul angled grip. About the only two pieces I'm waiting for is Kip's charging handle. (Kip, it'll be worth the wait, so I'm *NOT* being an impatient bas*^#d, truly!) and whatever happens to trip my trigger for bolt release. Nothing has really screamed out at me for spending the $$$. Anyway, this is "Zeke" posing for ya'll.

Benright.jpg

BenLeft.jpg

I'm very pleased with the optic and AD mount too.

Just thought I'd share. A lot of guidance and lurking on other posts here to come up with this set-up which works for me quite contently!

YES, I'm a southpaw on a long-gun.

Looks good. I'm redesigning my lighting system in a similar manner. I'm going to use the momentary clicker button on the Scout light, and mount it on a GearSector offset mount.

Then mount a GearSector QD sling point at the rear of the left side of the M80 rail. I purchased a AFG2 for the bottom. I plan to cover the excess rail with LaRue Index Clips.

Any particular reason why you didn't push the light all the way to the end of the rail? Lack of wire?

You should look into the DMW oversized safety. You can reverse it for leftie use (you could do that with the factory unit as well). You can deactivate the safety with the inner side of your trigger fingers knuckle rather than break your trigger finger placement.

The GG&G oversized bolt release is nice. Pricey, but well worth it.

The carriercomp parts on the horizon will be a nice compliance and function boost.

Two wheel I have a question please.

does the foregrip give you a "better" grip? I notice on mine I have a X400 that there is not much room to grab the forend I was wondering if the Magpul thing helped you any?

I also have the same tape switch

I'm waiting for the same foregrip. I don't see how it can do anything other than help the situation.:)

Two wheel I have a question please.

does the foregrip give you a "better" grip? I notice on mine I have a X400 that there is not much room to grab the forend I was wondering if the Magpul thing helped you any?

I also have the same tape switch

Rocket: Honestly, a major deciding factor on the magpul was I thought it was better than only using the provided S.F. rail covers or even the larger rail cover available out there. I tried an angled foregrip on an AR and instantly tought "I need one for the Ben M4!" I personally like it better with the smooth face vs. the finger groove piece(it comes with both!) Mine is the longer model (AFG1) because I wanted to cover as much rail as possible. But, I am very happy with the configuration. As for YOUR X400, you may consider a tapeswitch for it just so 12ga recoil doesn't jam your thumb. Just a thought. :confused: My tapeswitch allows constant on(click) or momentary with pressure.

Stranger - I have the light there in case the tape-switch didn't meet my needs and I would just run it with tail cap. but yeah, I could probably slide it forward now.

Sling mounts - another minor tweak I need to make, but low on my priority.

Thanks all for your suggestions to improve. I am always looking for those last tweaks. Unfortunately those last tweaks can cost one THOUSANDS $$$$ on a distance rifle!! :eek:

2-wheel

Just out of curiosity, how many rounds do you have through it?

Zeke has 2000rds digested since May '10 when I bought it new.

Usually gets 100rds per session, unless I'm doing more buckshot or slug tryouts, then I may go through less so I can measure and photo for the logbook. Hopefully it'll get some more 3-gun action this summer! :D

2-Wheel