cheek saver for Benelli collapsible stock?

SweetM4

i have an M4 with a collapsible stock. after shooting hundreds of slugs the other day i felt like a mule kicked me in the cheek :) i tried to keep my cheek in the proper position, etc., but by the end of the day i was sore. i'm curious if there might be some kind of cheek saver (a thin gel pad of some kind i guess) out there that would help? does anybody have any advise for reducing "mule kick in the face pain" when shooting slugs all day long?

also, i'm thinking about adding an Aimpoint T1 with the short Larue mount to my M4. i've read nothing but good comments on this forum about this optic on an M4, but i have a question about cheek weld when using the T1 with a collapsible stock (i set my stock to the middle position). i'm assuming that with the T1 you won't have to plant your cheek so deep into the stock like you do when using the Benelli ghost ring sights, right? if this is true, then i'm guessing/hoping it will reduce some of the kick to your cheek when shooting slugs. thanks for any feedback you can give me :)

Well I know why your barrel is clogged up with lead now. Those slugs will leave deposits in the barrel. Unobtanium is right about the Tornado Brush. They work very well.

Middle position is for the Aimpoint T1. It'll put your head in the proper position. With the iron sights, I never found the middle position to be comfortable. I would use the fully extended position for irons.

If you're going the Aimpoint route, you're going to want the carriercomp top rail. If you don't do it, you'll ruin the mount within 25 shots.

Well I know why your barrel is clogged up with lead now. Those slugs will leave deposits in the barrel. Unobtanium is right about the Tornado Brush. They work very well.

Middle position is for the Aimpoint T1. It'll put your head in the proper position. With the iron sights, I never found the middle position to be comfortable. I would use the fully extended position for irons.

If you're going the Aimpoint route, you're going to want the carriercomp top rail. If you don't do it, you'll ruin the mount within 25 shots.

+1 to all the above.

I'm going to definitely get one of those tornado brushes :)

Kip's stuff is great. I have his 7 round tube, rail and hammer.

Since the T1 is higher than the ghost ring sights, does this allow you to position your cheek a bit higher so it's not getting kicked so hard when shooting slugs?

It does for me. I wouldn't shoot heavy loads in the middle position with the iron sights for this reason. When shooting irons, it feels like I have to roll my head over the comb to get lined up behind the sights. With the Aimpoint, it sits higher than the iron sights, so it is much more comfortable.

This is the issue for people deciding which stock to buy. If they need the shorter LOP and plan on sticking with iron sights, they'd be better off with the Urbino. With optic, I'd much rather the collapsible stock. More people will go the Urbino route in the near future with the collapsible stock market drying up as of late.

Depending on the top rail you get, the height will be different. The Mesa top rail and the SideArmor top rail sit about a quarter inch higher than the stock and carriercomp rails.

I'm going to definitely get one of those tornado brushes :)

Kip's stuff is great. I have his 7 round tube, rail and hammer.

Since the T1 is higher than the ghost ring sights, does this allow you to position your cheek a bit higher so it's not getting kicked so hard when shooting slugs?

Yes, its that damn release button that's hitting you. With irons, fully extend it, with optics mid.