My M4

muffpirate

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carriercomp states that their titanium tube weighs 5.5 ounces. The factory tube is about 10.5 ounces. So you'll reduce the front end weight roughly 5 ounces. However, with a full length tube, you will be adding two additional rounds. Each round weighs approximately 2 ounces.

Without a doubt it is worth it though. Since if you went with a steel unit, you'd have the 10.5 ounces, plus the weight of the extra ammunition. Plus, steel can rust. There is YouTube video of the titanium tubes used to make carriercomp's tubes being run over by a truck without deforming.

The coating carriercomp uses is extremely tough. I figured it would scratch off from me pulling the barrel assembly over it. I was looking at it earlier today, and there isn't a single mark on it. I've had the tube installed since 2009.

Plus, all the extra goodies you get from carriercomp are nice. The Wolff spring is much better than the factory piece of crap. Your shells will eject onto the elevator with authority. The US made follower is a nice feature to bring you one part closer to 922 compliance.

140 Grams is not that much to be honest especialy for $180. My M4 accepts 7+1 out of the box, when you mean +2 rounds what is the total load capacity ?

180 might not be worth it if you already have a full length magazine tube, but if you have the 5 round limited tube that all new M4's come with, it is worth considering.

Did you buy yours used? Full length magazine tubes on the M4 will hold seven 2 3/4" shells, or six 3" shells. Plus one in the chamber and one on the shell elevator.

i bought mine new in September and it was delivered like this:

M4.jpg

They are delivered at a capacity of 7+1 but sold with a restrictor rod which limits it to 3+1 due to our Law requirements. However if you are using it for sport purposes (ex IPSC) you can remove the restrictor rod in less than 3" which gives you a capacity of 7+1 without Ghost Loading.

Also the barell is slightly longer (I think its 52cm vs 50), to meet our barell law requirements.