Just bought a pair of new M4s including H2O

CSwanson

Hello,

I just joined the forum. I just finished cleaning my new black 11707 and installed the mesa tactical stock (very happy) and I'm ready for the range tomorrow... can't wait! I also just bought a new H2O off of GB for $2200 (link below). I know most have been going for 3K but my purchase is proof they can be had under MSRP. You just have to very quick.... I was searching GB every 30 minutes for about 2 days straight and grabbed this one right when it popped up! Good Luck!:)

Craig

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=278503580

I purchased mybrand new H2O on gb as well - I did pay $2600.00 though - great deal at $2200.00. Every Benelli dealer here in Indy informed me I had a 6 to 8 month wait for the gun which is why I went to GB. I am very impressed with it and ready to head to the range within a couple days.

• 2 weeks later...

I just joined the forum myself. Bought my 1st Benelli, a M1S90, back in '93, still have it. Like it so much, I bought a 2nd '92 M1S90 NIB last year just to have it.

Very nice find on the H2O. I feel sad that I had to let mine go today so I'm on the lookout for another one. Does anyone have any leads about which retail shops are about to get some in stock?

Sounds like your buying to flip. If your not an FFL, you should probably know that it's a federal crime to buy and sell firearms for profit without a license. The BATF has taught many unfortunate people this very expensive lesson, and they won't likely forget it since they are banned from owning firearms for life once convicted. Just sharing this info in case anyone out there is unaware. The money you make flipping a gun like the M4 H2O will be nothing compared to a legal defense in a federal case. Apologies if I assumed incorrectly.

Edited by phm14

I just joined the forum myself. Bought my 1st Benelli, a M1S90, back in '93, still have it. Like it so much, I bought a 2nd '92 M1S90 NIB last year just to have it.

Sounds like your buying to flip. If your not an FFL, you should probably know that it's a federal crime to buy and sell firearms for profit without a license. The BATF has taught many unfortunate people this very expensive lesson, and they won't likely forget it since they are banned from owning firearms for life once convicted. Just sharing this info in case anyone out there is unaware. The money you make flipping a gun like the M4 H2O will be nothing compared to a legal defense in a federal case. Apologies if I assumed incorrectly.

Thanks for your legal lesson. I did not purchase an H2O with the intention to sell it. I actually kept the gun I sold for a while before I sold it. I decided I wanted to sell it so I did. So what if it I made a profit from the gun? That happens every day. In fact, I invite you to report this thread to ATF if you'd like. I have a friend that works there and I spoke to him about what I did so please report me. Also, I'd like to note that I am trying to buy another for myself with no intention to sell. Again, please report this thread to ATF...thanks.

whats the big deal about H2O? colors diff, anything else?

Full length mag tube and C-stock. Both big deals for Benelli and from the 922r standpoint. The Robar finish is icing on the cake and really makes the M4 platform stand out. It isn't for everyone but you'd be a real Dumb*** to knock it. :D:p

Thanks for your legal lesson. I did not purchase an H2O with the intention to sell it. I actually kept the gun I sold for a while before I sold it. I decided I wanted to sell it so I did. So what if it I made a profit from the gun? That happens every day. In fact, I invite you to report this thread to ATF if you'd like. I have a friend that works there and I spoke to him about what I did so please report me. Also, I'd like to note that I am trying to buy another for myself with no intention to sell. Again, please report this thread to ATF...thanks.

I think you must have read some hostility into the simple facts I stated that wasn't there. I'm not sure how wise it is to beg strangers to report your activities the BATF, but you could do it yourself if your really that anxiuos to push for an outcome. The phone # is (800) 800-3855, or email [email protected] .

I think you must have read some hostility into the simple facts I stated that wasn't there. I'm not sure how wise it is to beg strangers to report your activities the BATF, but you could do it yourself if your really that anxiuos to push for an outcome. The phone # is (800) 800-3855, or email [email protected] .

I told you I already spoke to an ATF agent. I have nothing to hide. Have a nice day sir.

What he's telling you by his reply phm14 is that he's flipping the gun for profit using an FFL intermediary, and that you coming in here and warning him that it is illegal to make a profit from an item he legally owns is pretty darn idiotic on your part.

I am wondering how the coating works out when it gets broken. Will it chip/flake/etc? I had that issue with a Wilson Combat 1911. The coating was chipped by any little thing--right down to the parkerizing. Ejected shell-casings hitting the top of the slide were what did it. I know NP3 is a different type of finish, though, which is why I ask.

Does anyone have a picture of a used H2O's ejection-port?

I am wondering how the coating works out when it gets broken. Will it chip/flake/etc? I had that issue with a Wilson Combat 1911. The coating was chipped by any little thing--right down to the parkerizing. Ejected shell-casings hitting the top of the slide were what did it. I know NP3 is a different type of finish, though, which is why I ask.

Does anyone have a picture of a used H2O's ejection-port?

I think Robar is coating the M4s, and they enjoy a very good reputation. They coat pistols for Wilson, also. If your talking about the cerakote type finish Wilson uses, that's completely different than NP3 or Nickel boron, which have a molecular bond to the base metal. Like other in demand shops, Robar always has a backlog. I'd guess they are the limiting production factor on the H2Os. I'm not concerned at all about the finish if it's coming from Robar. BTW, Wilson guarantees their finishes, even for wear. You can have your Wilson dealer send it in, and it will come back like a new gun.

I think Robar is coating the M4s, and they enjoy a very good reputation. They coat pistols for Wilson, also. If your talking about the cerakote type finish Wilson uses, that's completely different than NP3 or Nickel boron, which have a molecular bond to the base metal. Like other in demand shops, Robar always has a backlog. I'd guess they are the limiting production factor on the H2Os. I'm not concerned at all about the finish if it's coming from Robar. BTW, Wilson guarantees their finishes, even for wear. You can have your Wilson dealer send it in, and it will come back like a new gun.

I got rid of my Wilson after multiple problems. They ended up buying it back from me.

I would like to see a picture of the ejection port on the H2O model after some use, though. I'm not knocking it (I have never experienced owning anything NP3 coated), just curious.

That's a solid question. You'd think with as cool a shotgun as this is appearance-wise that there'd be more videos coming out....but the owners are silent about it. It's a sellers market for sure at this point. The first person to do an actual field test review is going to get major kudos on this one. Let me cross my fingers on that one..mine has been on the orders list since the beginning of February.