Geissele Benelli M4 Hammer Update

Guest cleefurd

If you're changing parts for 922r compliance you first need to to know what parts count. There are numerous threads with the list of them established by the BATFE. Most people with a non-adjustable stock change out: the mag tube, the follower inside it and the fore grip. IF you add a collapsible stock then you need to replace another foreign part with an american one. That's why the hammers are so popular. It's also why there isn't much interest in changing out other fire control group parts -- they don't matter for compliance purposes. Things like charging handles and bolt release button aren't parts per se in the 922r drill but add functionality in my view. I personally find a larger bolt release button/pad to be much more valuable that the charging handle but I have changed that too.

Yes, I read the thread link that Hookster posted. I guess what I meant to ask was, what were the common parts that people exchange?

Yes, I read the thread link that Hookster posted. I guess what I meant to ask was, what were the common parts that people exchange?

Hey FLAWLS1 Like BigHat said.. With a PG stock most change mag tube, follower and forearm to a Surefire or FFT. Those are the three I changed out but another common combo would be mag tube, follower and Mesa Urbino stock.

Later,

Hookster :)

I hate putting non factory parts on a firearm that has pass military trials; it just as a high risk of making the weapon more failure prone. Based on that, I prefer to change the more cosmetic items. Unfortunately, that is not always possible. In those cases, I choose the parts to replace based on the quality rep (and first adopter reports) of the replacement manufacturer/parts

I hate putting non factory parts on a firearm that has pass military trials; it just as a high risk of making the weapon more failure prone. Based on that, I prefer to change the more cosmetic items. Unfortunately, that is not always possible. In those cases, I choose the parts to replace based on the quality rep (and first adopter reports) of the replacement manufacturer/parts

LIKE ! :) Makes perfect sense !

This will be their second run, a lot like their first run. Took time and while they will create a large batch, their AR trigger production dictates (and postpones) the timelines on Benelli hammers.

Given that it took about a year for 1 batch of hammers to be sold, its obvious why they told me they were not planning on making more. I'm just glad that your re-order quantity, and the recent run on the hammers, is apparently going to make them available again.

Oh really? How come stores are allowed to sell them like this? Looks like I'll be buying one then.

The only M4S90's you will find like this in stores (I mean to say, with a real magazine tube, not the spacer), are the H20's, which have a coating, which qualifies them as "American made" through a loop inadvertently created in the system by forcing re-finishers to have Type 7 FFL, thus making them "manufacturers". The feds screwed themselves.

1. Receiver
  2. Barrel
  3. Bolt
  4. Bolt carrier
  5. Gas piston
  6. Trigger housing
  7. Trigger
  8. Hammer
  9. Disconnector
  10. Buttstock (with integral pistol grip)
  11. Forearm/handguard (forend)
  12. Magazine body (One part you will replace with the mag-tube)
  13. Follower (Another...)

You still have 11 parts and are not 922r Compliant. Even if you don't choose to add the C-stock. The only way this is now legal is if you add the Field stock (no PG). TO make this legal, people usually add handguards, or hammer. I chose to add the hammer, because I am a huge Geissele fan and have their triggers in all my M4gery's.

The hammer should not cause any issues. Geissele is actually the company that is replacing many of the KAC fire control groups in military weapons. Their stuff is solid, and has a track record for being successful.

The hammer should not cause any issues. Geissele is actually the company that is replacing many of the KAC fire control groups in military weapons. Their stuff is solid, and has a track record for being successful.

Agree, the Geissele is certainly as good and probably better than the stock hammer. Go to their site and see what triggers he has already mil-qual'd and in service with some of the high speed operators right now.

The only M4S90's you will find like this in stores (I mean to say, with a real magazine tube, not the spacer), are the H20's, which have a coating, which qualifies them as "American made" through a loop inadvertently created in the system by forcing re-finishers to have Type 7 FFL, thus making them "manufacturers". The feds screwed themselves.

If that is the case, then it seems that the simple solution to the 922r issue is just to send our Benelli fire control parts (and maybe the pistons) to ROBAR to be NP3'd. That way one has a "factory" Benelli which has be atoned into American made parts via a baptism of NP3. So sayeth the ATF?

If that is the case, then it seems that the simple solution to the 922r issue is just to send our Benelli fire control parts (and maybe the pistons) to ROBAR to be NP3'd. That way one has a "factory" Benelli which has be atoned into American made parts via a baptism of NP3. So sayeth the ATF?

I'd say no. The H2Os remain "in production" and haven't entered the retail market place until coated. If even that minimal level of work is done to a part in the US and the BAFTE rules it now US made shotgun, the 992r issue isn't germane. Ours would have been sold in the retail market and thus we have to sweat conducting a compliant modification process.

But no need to over think this. Buy a tube, a follower, a foregrip and maybe a hammer if you need the fourth US made part and you're all set. No need, nor should there be a desire, to get as many US parts as possible. It would no longer matter.

Edited by BigHat
typo

I always wondered if anyone had any problems. did you swap out yours? if so was it for 922 or cuz you wanted upgrade?

I do swap triggers on my ARs but no other gun have I ever messed with. seems weird to me that in my ARs I feel fine but any other and I feel its not safe. humm maybe cuz i build the AR and i dont think of it as replace more as just building. I dont know I am wacky

anyways have you heard any bad storys about the replaced parts? is there a noticable better difference?

I always wondered if anyone had any problems. did you swap out yours? if so was it for 922 or cuz you wanted upgrade?

I do swap triggers on my ARs but no other gun have I ever messed with. seems weird to me that in my ARs I feel fine but any other and I feel its not safe. humm maybe cuz i build the AR and i dont think of it as replace more as just building. I dont know I am wacky

anyways have you heard any bad storys about the replaced parts? is there a noticable better difference?

The trigger feels about the same. IF an issue arises, it is on Benelli's part. I have never heard of a Geissele component having an issue.