Geissele Benelli M4 Hammer Update

Guest cleefurd

Guest cleefurd

Courtesy update;

Geissele email content from;

May 11,2012

"Hi Kip,

We are still on back order.

Our demand is so high on our other triggers they can’t switch gears yet to cut the Benelli M4 hammers.

I will keep you posted, sorry for the delay.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Manager Assembly Department"

Will post Geissele updates to assist forum members who are keeping tabs on their prefered vendor for this item.

God Bless,

Kip

• 2 months later...
Guest cleefurd
lol! Great news Kip.....thanks for the update.:cool:

Latest update as of July 26, 2012;

Geissele is currently at Camp Perry for National Championships.

A member of their staff stated the next batch of hammers for the Benelli M4 has been set in motion.

*It is too soon to set an ETA for availability, but the greater point is they are coming, and still a viable component in Geissele's product line.

*Note to self; No ETA is acceptable, assurance to build as able will do. Thank you Geissele.

Latest update as of July 26, 2012;

Geissele is currently at Camp Perry for National Championships.

A member of their staff stated the next batch of hammers for the Benelli M4 has been set in motion.

*It is too soon to set an ETA for availability, but the greater point is they are coming, and still a viable component in Geissele's product line.

*Note to self; No ETA is acceptable, assurance to build as able will do. Thank you Geissele.

Thanks for the update. Wishing one had ordered, will be remedied each time Geissele gets the time to make more.

Let us know when they get a round-tuit.:D

They already are, and Geissele listened.

Yes Geissele did. In fact Midway and Brownells are going to carry this part as well. I personally would buy mine from Kip, and I encourage everyone here to do so as well, but it speaks volumes that those two companies have the product currently listed. For those who need MORE of an explanation, it means that in addition to what Kip has coming, Brownells and Midway have ordered their respective quantities as well. Get it?

Guest cleefurd
Man, the wait on this part is taking a long time. Does Geissele typically keeps parts out of stock for this long?

This will be their second run, a lot like their first run. Took time and while they will create a large batch, their AR trigger production dictates (and postpones) the timelines on Benelli hammers.

Because people want to be 922r legal if they can. With a PG stock, you're not 922r legal unless you have this, or another part.

Oh really? How come stores are allowed to sell them like this? Looks like I'll be buying one then.

Hey FLAWLS1...This 922r FAQ page of Freedom Fighter Tactical's website breaks it down fairly well

http://freedomfightertactical.com/922r-faq/

Later,

Hookster :)

Thanks Hookster! I'll be reading about it now.

If you're changing parts for 922r compliance you first need to to know what parts count. There are numerous threads with the list of them established by the BATFE. Most people with a non-adjustable stock change out: the mag tube, the follower inside it and the fore grip. IF you add a collapsible stock then you need to replace another foreign part with an american one. That's why the hammers are so popular. It's also why there isn't much interest in changing out other fire control group parts -- they don't matter for compliance purposes. Things like charging handles and bolt release button aren't parts per se in the 922r drill but add functionality in my view. I personally find a larger bolt release button/pad to be much more valuable that the charging handle but I have changed that too.

Edited by BigHat