922r Compliance Question

Amsdorf

OK guys, need a little help here. I've been trying to figure out 922r compliance standard and I must admit, I get confoozed.

I'm putting a full length mag on my M4, courtesy of Kip (made in the good old USA)

I've got a Mesa Urbino Tactical stock stock (made in the USA)..

I've got a GG&G charging handle (made in the USA).

Am I GTT re. 922r?

I'd appreciate an answer that was not simply pointing me to the 922r list. That's where my confusion has come.

Thank guys!

The charging handle doesn't count, but kips tubes come with a us made follower, which does count, so with the urbino you will be gtg

Hes right, as long as you use the follower that comes with Kips tube, you'll be golden. 922r isn't about how many US parts you add; it's about getting the number of foreign made parts to 10 or less. With what you've listed, you should be right at 10.

Hes right, as long as you use the follower that comes with Kips tube, you'll be golden. 922r isn't about how many US parts you add; it's about getting the number of foreign made parts to 10 or less. With what you've listed, you should be right at 10.

I will just add that the number of foreign parts does not include every single part on the gun, just the ones on the list you found confusing, of which there are 13 on a stock 11707 M4

I will just add that the number of foreign parts does not include every single part on the gun, just the ones on the list you found confusing, of which there are 13 on a stock 11707 M4

Right, 10 or less parts on the list you saw. If you change from the factory pistol grip fixed stock to the Benelli collapsible pistol grip stock like I did, you then have 14. To get down to 10, I changed the tube, follower, forend, and hammer.

OK...stupid question

who is to stop me from just installing say a dave's 2 round extension tube on my M4. what are the odds of a fed waiting for me outside my door step or lurking in the shadows and the local run range. i dont really understand what the big hubub is all about with r22 compliancy...who really cares other then the feds that chances are ill never ever see. when i picked up my M4 from the gun shop Bud's sent it to i was talking to the guy there about r22 and his opinion was that the feds have alot more imortant things to worry about now a days then little old me and my extr rounds......seriously. i dont get it.

Edited by Huff64

....question

who is to stop me..... what are the odds of a fed waiting for me outside my door step........who really cares......

....answer

no one......... nill....... no one until after the fact.....

Its either a calculated risk, or compliance. Ignorance is dirt cheap unless it backfires. Compliance is permanent immunity.

OK...stupid question

who is to stop me from just installing say a dave's 2 round extension tube on my M4. what are the odds of a fed waiting for me outside my door step or lurking in the shadows and the local run range. i dont really understand what the big hubub is all about with r22 compliancy...who really cares other then the feds that chances are ill never ever see. when i picked up my M4 from the gun shop Bud's sent it to i was talking to the guy there about r22 and his opinion was that the feds have alot more imortant things to worry about now a days then little old me and my extr rounds......seriously. i dont get it.

I seriously doubt anyone is going to take a shotgun apart to count how many parts are stamped "US". From everything I've seen, no one can cite one single case of someone being prosecuted for a 922r violation. Most think it's probably just another charge that would be tacked on if you ever get caught doing something much worse (like running red light charge after being charged for fleeing police).

With that being said, for me, it's not about what the odds are of being caught. I wanted the titanium full length tube (which came with the follower) anyway. What's a few more bucks after that and the cost of the shotgun in order to be completely legal? Plus, I'm into the NFA stuff and I'm not about to let something silly be a snag for me after I dot my I's and cross my T's on everything else.

But hey, make your own call. Maybe the cost of compliance justifies the negligible risk. And if you ever get caught, you can always say you were "the first"!

Edited by Raptor

My new M4 is black in color unlike some ive seen that the barrel is kinda brown or tan. does anyone know if carrier comp or anyone else out there sells a "black" titanium full length tube for the M4 ?. i ahve seen some made of steel but id prefer titanium if i had a choice. as for the whole r22 thing i guess ill start replacing parts to be compliant if i do find a +2 full length titanium black tube :cool:.

My new M4 is black in color unlike some ive seen that the barrel is kinda brown or tan. does anyone know if carrier comp or anyone else out there sells a "black" titanium full length tube for the M4 ?. i ahve seen some made of steel but id prefer titanium if i had a choice. as for the whole r22 thing i guess ill start replacing parts to be compliant if i do find a +2 full length titanium black tube :cool:.

I have noticed that in miscellaneous M4 web images too. Maybe it is the flash:confused:. I used carriercomp's "DG" OEM Parkerized tone color option. My barrel is not as black as the receiver, but it is a dark almost black charcoal gray finish. The mag tube Kip sent matched purrrrrfectly.

In his store listing his "DG" finish looks slightly different than the factory tube sitting next to it, but DOES match the barrel on my gun though.

YMMV.

The USP series is awesome. I got a great deal on a gently used HK MK23. I'm sure the guy who sold it to me is kicking himself now, since a few months after he sold it, HK announced they were discontinuing it.

Yeah, MK23s and even USP Tacticals are a rare sight here in CA but I'm very happy with myUSP Standard.....:)