Painting the bolt of the M4

Reggie_375RGR

Has anyone done this or do you know if it could be done. I am going to cerakote my full length mag tube and barrel and wanted to either cerakote my bolt and attaching parts or maybe NP3plus or NiB coat the bolt and paint the attaching parts. I painted my BCG of my AR-15 and it was a lot easier to clean and it seems to run smoother .does anyone know if this will affect the function/cycling of the shotgun or are their any other problems that could arise? Also is there another type of protective coating that might work better?

Currently, my bolt carrier is being coated in Nickel Boron by WMD Guns in Florida. After coating, they've been instructed to paint the visible portion of the bolt carrier with black Cerakote. So basically just the right side of the bolt carrier above the carrier's rail will be painted.

A friend has his bolt carrier already done in Nickel Boron. It is significantly smoother in the action. However, I didn't care for the nickel finish on an otherwise all black gun.