Any hunting pics welcomed?

fishmax2

congrads on getting such nice turkeys... I have been going and all i have seen all season is 1 hen and a red fox..

This morning i woke up and it was raining so i didn't go hunting....I heard a whole bunch of crow and i stepped outside for a couple of seconds and i heard a gobble about 70 yards away.. The gobble came from the field next to my house and in between is some woods... I didn't see him but i sure did hear him...

[ 05-15-2004, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: BenelliBoy ]

BenelliBoy,

Keep hunting, it takes lots of patience and a bit of luck.

69beers,

GREAT story!! I had a bobcat stalk myself and my son one spring...the gobblers came in and I lost track of the bobcat...very cool watching the stalk!

Here in MO I've decided to give the coyotes a "get out of jail" card. Recent stomach analysis by the MO Cons. Dept. reveals the coyotes are hitting the feral/free roaming house cats HARD (40-60% of their diet!) I used to shoot plenty of coyotes, but now I let them walk on by in hopes they will continue to thin out as many cats as they can eat! Our birds (game and non-game) are getting HAMMERED by house cats...so I'm kinda less inclined to whack coyotes these days...

BUT, I got nothing against those who do whack 'em!

That is one HUGE coyote. Good shot.

Bob

Chessie Dog,

You first must have a "host site" where you have uploaded the photos on to an internet hosting site.

That being said, go to that particular photo at the photo host site, open the photo you wish to display here and right click ON the photo...choose "properties"....copy the photo’s URL.

Come to this site, type your reply...then type the following characters:

p><p>
[img]<a href=http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/5378Hi_Standard_Derr1_right.JPG

Then immediately following your copied/pasted url address, type the following characters at the END of your photo’s url, just like you did the other characters at the front of your photos’s url.

' alt='> '>

You should be all set...try one.

Bob

[ 05-21-2004, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: VonFatman ]

Today I went Turkey Hunting and I set up for alittle bit and then moved to one other spot and then another.. After waiting awhile and calling with no anwser.. I walked up a ridge in the woods and sat on a log section of the tree.. My dad called with our box calls and i didn't expect to hear anything and all of the sudden i heard a gobble..Then we kept on calling and he kept on gobbling...After about 10 gobbles and the sound of him getting closer and closer all the sudden he stoped gobbling and just shut up... so we kept on calling and after a lttle while we stood up and moved to the top of this Hill and sat down just to see if we could spot him but he was gone... My guess was that he probably found another hen....I was sitting on a hill with a steep bank that goes down to a creek and then there was another steep hill when i was looking for him...The worst thing about it was that today was the last morning i would get to hunt because ...

1. My dad can't take me tomorrow...

2. Because Tomorrow is the last day of Ohio's Turkey Season..

Plus i haven't gotten a turkey yet so preatty much my seaon is over with....