7+1+1?

GeeTen

Hi all,

Thanks to Duggan, I no longer have the "Benelli thumb." And I've mounted a factory 4 shot extension tube on my M2 Tactical so I can get seven (7) rounds into the tube and one (1) in the chamber. :D

However, I've read (somewhere) that it's possible to get one more round in my shotgun before a stage to get a total of nine (9) rounds before the beeper goes off. ;)

Can anybody give me the loading sequence to do this, or am I just dreaming? :confused:

TIA for your replies,

F.

8-)

Thanks, I think. Just reading about it doesn't make it clear just yet. Time to take the dummy rounds and try it. While it may work for the M4, I'll see if it will work for the M2. smile.gif

BTW, took the M2 out for her maiden voyage yesterday -- what a hoot! :D

Thanks again,

F.

8-)

After rereading my instructions, they are not very clear.

The simplest way to float a shell is this:

1 - Start with an empty gun, bolt locked back.

2 - Load normally, put a shell in the chamber, release the bolt, fill the tube

3 - Pull the bolt back some, but not all the way, allowing the chambered shell to pop out. If you hold it back all the way, it will hit the lifter again, and it won't work.

4 - While you hold the bolt back with one hand, use the other hand to push a shell down onto the lifter

5 - Allow the bolt to come forward a little bit, keeping the shell pushed down under it.

6 - Put a new round in the chamber, and close the bolt.

If I feel motivated tomorrow, I'll make another FAQ picture/video post showing how, and maybe even a live fire demo smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

GeeTen - does your 4 shot extension extend further than your barrel by about 1/4"? I have a factory one which does... is this a problem at all? When I used my 4-shot extension I noticed it got "dusted" from the shot powder...

Also, do you use the screw-on clamp that holds the extension to the barrel? Why is that needed, anyhow? Thanks smile.gif

Hey garrett,

Just pulled my M2 out of the safe to take a look for sure. My factory extension is about 1/8" short of the Tactical 18 1/2" barrel -- don't know why yours is long. :(

Yup, I use the clamp -- I figure that the Benelli engineers put her there for a reason (kinda' like your appendix). Probably to stabilize the barrel/mag tube combo during firing and/or swinging, maybe? :confused:

HTH,

F.

8-)