Handguard Correctly attached

Hostile_SS

So I got my NEW m4 late last nite. Putting it together. (never had to put a gun together before!!)

so its going well. (instructions? pfft who needs those.)

well.. it was a slight pain. ( I thought m16's were hard) (twss)

so.. I did it. I think

pictures show what I think is ok.

thank you again for all your insights and help!

Looking forward to shooting some rounds!!!

handguard rear.jpg

handguard front.jpg

handguard front 2.jpg

in store. they had it all set up when I saw it on the wall. It went back into its box. unassembled. I am guessing that plastic peices don't always line up. I went online and looked at a bunch of pictures. some were flush.. some the bottom (rear) was flush while top /front had a gap. sometimes, both flushed.

I got home late and had to "hide" it from the significant one. lol..

thanks for the insight!!!

The hand guards should line up easily. The way I put them back on is; first I seat them into the retaining plate at the front of the receiver holding them together with one hand, then slide the barrel down on until the barrel ring has captured the front of the guards.

There is a flat spring inside the barrel ring that keeps constant pressure on the guards as you tighten the magazine cap down making sure the ring at the base of the barrel is tight against the face of the receiver. Congrats on the new M4 you're gonna love it, it's a great gun:cool:

thank you. quick question and since I don't have my aftermarket ones avail, does the hand guard provide any structure or advantage other then some place to put your hand? As I noted, they appear not to be seating 100% flush. Is that a bad thing? lol.. again.. many thanks. its suppose to rain here this weekend but as we all know, guns are waterproof. -ish.

thanks!

thank you. quick question and since I don't have my aftermarket ones avail, does the hand guard provide any structure or advantage other then some place to put your hand? As I noted, they appear not to be seating 100% flush. Is that a bad thing? lol.. again.. many thanks. its suppose to rain here this weekend but as we all know, guns are waterproof. -ish.

thanks!

The pictures that you posted of the hand guards seated look absolutely normal to me. Just make sure that the mag cap is screwed down as tight as you can get by hand, and that the base of the barrel is tight flush against the face of the receiver. The flat spring inside the barrel ring provides some tension for hand guards against the receiver. The guards also serve the purpose of covering the gas system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...