Finish / corrosion on Benelli M4

Roo5ter

Yesterday I finally got the new  M4 I've been wanting for about 12 years.   Turns out it has probably been sitting too long somewhere..  Can someone confirm that the bolt link is not normally manufactured like it is in the pic?  I think that needs to be put in under warranty and maybe a 100% breakdown to  check some of the other small parts this weekend...

Screenshot_20200616-164028_Messages.jpg

20200616_160052.jpg

20200616_161039.jpg

20200616_161046.jpg

20200616_160030.jpg

20200616_161839.jpg

That’s pretty rough on that bolt link. It won’t likely effect function though. the hammer and pistons seem normal to me. The bolt link is probably the most half assed made part on the Benelli. It’s sandwiched together steel shins riveted together.

If someone made a one piece unit, I’d buy that. 

I’m sure Benelli will replace or repair those parts for you if you’re willing to wait on their slow tech support services. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 years later...
On 9/10/2023 at 1:37 AM, Exac said:

Thought I'd share my link, definitely worrisome looking on my new M4
Any idea if this affects durability?
Only other thing I've noticed so far is the firing pin retaining pin o-ring is broken and hanging on by a thread

image.png.a4d3138b8896b79e7de768517e830954.png

Yours looks like literal dirt or copper grease to me.  Scrape that shit off, clean and oil it then send another picture. 

On 6/16/2020 at 8:24 PM, StrangerDanger said:

That’s pretty rough on that bolt link. It won’t likely effect function though. the hammer and pistons seem normal to me. The bolt link is probably the most half assed made part on the Benelli. It’s sandwiched together steel shins riveted together.

If someone made a one piece unit, I’d buy that. 

I’m sure Benelli will replace or repair those parts for you if you’re willing to wait on their slow tech support services. 

I’m curious if others would be interested in a one pc machined bolt link?  I had not considered this part in the past, but it’s possible titanium could be used for such a part to lose some weight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ben elLes said:

Yours looks like literal dirt or copper grease to me.  Scrape that shit off, clean and oil it then send another picture. 

It's neither, it's definitely metallic. Other people here have identified this stuff as excess flux from the welding process. Hopefully that stuff isn't prone to rust...