Million dollar question

Sigma05

I hate pistol grips on shotguns, but the M4 field stock is just too damn long. My plan is make my own grip to replace the one on the M4 collapsible stock. I’m going to try to copy the shape and angle of the Magpul SGA stock. I may even add a QD option. The million dollar question is: does anyone know the thread pattern on the M4 buffer tube, that the stock/grip threads onto? If anyone has that info I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. 

5EC4EB30-E43A-4A6F-BD71-BE799A449DEF.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Vertigofirearms said:

Oh you mean that one. It is M21 x 1 -RH. 

it will have different fitments deprnding on the material

That seems like the correct one. It’s the thread where the stock or grip thread onto the buffer tube. Thanks!!

Benelli M4 Stock Stay Bolt

I thought you meant the thread size for this stud on the field/pistol grip stocks.

I have no details about your idea, but you know you can buy a bare bones  buffer tube from Benelli or Surecycle? The grip angle of the magpul SGA is too steep, it will not work with the buffer tube, something to keep in mind.

1 hour ago, Vertigofirearms said:

Benelli M4 Stock Stay Bolt

I thought you meant the thread size for this stud on the field/pistol grip stocks.

I have no details about your idea, but you know you can buy a bare bones  buffer tube from Benelli or Surecycle? The grip angle of the magpul SGA is too steep, it will not work with the buffer tube, something to keep in mind.

You are correct about the whole SGA stock not fitting because of the angle. Even though Håkan Spuhr made his own angle adapter for the buffer tube and new bolt “tail” to work with a different angle. I don’t have those skills. What I want to do is grab only the grip portion of the collapsible stock and correct the grip angle to as close as possible to how the field/SGA stock sits. I needed to know the thread pattern because I may have to design and print my own grip. The other option is just modify the original grip module to fit a Magpul K grip at the angle I want. I already ordered a spare OEM grip to start experimenting. I appreciate the info. 

E3891410-BAAD-47CA-9356-13EBA4F51DDC.jpeg

Edited by Sigma05

8 minutes ago, Vertigofirearms said:

Have you thought about cutting the stock shorter?

Yes. The plastic field stock didn’t seem like a simple solution. I even considered sending it off to a plastic expert like Tom Bostic. If there was a compatible  wood stock that would be a much simpler solution. Have you ever successfully shortened the plastic field stock?