Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Super Black Eagle 3 shooting high

2 minutes ago, Siamak said:

I started this discussion last August but after couple of months researching about Benelli SBE III last year  I finally ended up with Benelli super Vinci. It is a great gun. Looks good and shoots good. 3.5" chamber and it has all I need plus it does not shoot high.

The Super Vinci is a great gun, I very much like this gun as well, I noticed very little muzzle rise when shooting this gun.  I am delighted that you found a model that fits not only your needs but how the guns fits you.

The Vinci does have a tendency to collect debris and powder on the bolt, you may want to keep this area clean by removing the bolt frequently, anticipated recoil spring life will be about 8 years.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, remarkable said:

The Super Vinci is a great gun, I very much like this gun as well, I noticed very little muzzle rise when shooting this gun.  I am delighted that you found a model that fits not only your needs but how the guns fits you.

The Vinci does have a tendency to collect debris and powder on the bolt, you may want to keep this area clean by removing the bolt frequently, anticipated recoil spring life will be about 8 years.

Thank you.
Last year, I was about to buy a Montefeltro Silver Shotgun (28") since I love the look, design and the engraving. Apart from reliability , the look of a shotgun is a very important for me but the only reason that caused  I changed my mind was that it does not come with sling swivel stud on the stock and I don't like to install it on an expensive shotgun like Montefeltro . Finally I purchased a Benelli Super Vinici and I am very happy with my decision. 

Edited by Siamak

It is believed that seeing your target is one component of becoming proficient in shooting a shotgun at moving targets.  How your shotgun fits you would be a determining factor in how each guns patterns.  Most well made shotguns used for hunting, there are exceptions, shoot a 60/40 pattern high which allows the shooter to see the target rather than cover the target.  

The M2 should shoot 60/40 if you sense that it does not and you would like it to,  review the Benelli Video, "How to adjust drop and cast on the Super Black Eagle 3".  This is a great resource to assist in understanding cause and effect adjustments to a Benelli shotgun.

Is there any specific distance where the pattern is measured?  Seems like only a 50/50 gun would have a stable pattern ratio, ignoring drop.  But, any 60/40 or 70/30 gun would rise continuously, again ignoring drop.  So just wondering if manufacturers have established guidelines for the distance used for publishing pattern data.  The shot drop will also overcome the pattern at some point, maybe 50 yards or so depending on the barrel angle.