New M4 Barrel Inspection

Milspec

This is a new M4 barrel out of the wrap.  I saw these marks initially and figured a blue pen will take care of it and on I go.

For some odd reason the last few days it’s been bugging me and it’s been in my head.

Blue pen/cold blue?

Or, should is call Benelli about it?

I totally understand I’m probably being too critical.  It will probably get more marks than that.  They are quite minor.  Also, there is no telling what I’ll get back in return from Benelli.  It could end up being worse.  

I’m not as concerned about the 2nd barrel ring that the mag cap fastens against.  That will always get marked.  The mark on it at 6 o’clock is what caught my attention.

What say the group?

B506749D-7304-446F-A0D9-9BAFC8F52550.thumb.jpeg.1cf7fdd49dd3ebd13c27c48c6c508bec.jpegB5515DBC-1E6A-46F2-905B-DB2BB78784BC.jpeg.a2f5d6a2351b41708b7d20ceab66cf60.jpeg

Edited by Milspec

Everything else looks mint.  The barrel is part of a new M4.  It has been mounted once.  I did assembled it one time to make sure the action was smooth.  Marks from the mag cap were probably done by me but the bottom one was there already. 

The area by the sling mount bothers me more than anything because it's actually a small ding.

I'm not sure if they test fire them at the factory before they go out.

Edited by Milspec