M3 question

kilyung

I bought a SuperNova with the telescoping stock and swapped it onto the M3.  Your may be able to do the same with the SuperNova with the field stock, then sell the SuperNova with the pistol grip.  The field stock alone is pricey (~$200) given you can get the whole SuperNova for under $500.  

This is likely the one you need if you want the M1/M3 version:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/60516

If you want the comfortech, then here is the SuperNova one: 

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/61176

Verify your M3 has the telescoping recoil tube before you purchase.  Mine did (hence the ability to swap the SuperNova telescoping stock.)  I almost bought one of these for my SuperNova, yet could not come to grips with spending almost $200 for a stock when I could by a complete SuperNova with the comfortech for $500.  

I ended up putting the money towards a M2 with a field stock and love it.  The M3 is an unique gun, yet the pump mechanism adds some weight.  Something to consider based on how you intend to use it. 

• Upvote 2

My very first gun was a M3 Super 90 that I got on arfcom a decade ago, now I have six of them?. They are totally cool, underrated shotguns. They are one of the oldest shotguns Benelli makes and I hope they never stop making them like the AR15.

IMG-3273.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2021 at 10:55 AM, kilyung said:

I’m interested in acquiring a M3. Do they only come with PG? I’d much rather get one with field stock if possible. 

I purchased mine with the field stock about four years ago.  The length of pull is fine if you have the arms of an orangutan.  I did see an article on shortening it, but the gunsmith that did it said it was his one and only and was not interested in doing it again.

Just now, DDTM said:

I purchased mine with the field stock about four years ago.  The length of pull is fine if you have the arms of an orangutan.  I did see an article on shortening it, but the gunsmith that did it said it was his one and only and was not interested in doing it again.

Excuse me, my gun is an M4...sorry.

On 12/22/2021 at 1:29 PM, bambihunter said:

I thought they stopped making the M3's for more than a decade. Is that not true Doge?
I have two, top folders like your bottom one. Both HK marked.

They never stopped making them. I know the M1 Super 90 was resurrected briefly for 2019 in a hunting/field configuration.