Benelli M4 6 position Recoil Tube

RxArms

11 minutes ago, gregnauman said:

Has anyone done this without a vice? Just curious if its possible as I dont have one. Need to get one installed on my bench.

Also wondered if its better to use a propane torch or a heat gun, is one quicker than the other?

I just received by 6 position tube and it is a really nice piece. I actually had purchased the 3 position benelli piece but decided to sell it to use this one. I also have RX bolt release lever and its awesome as well. Good Job man!!

Maybe someone who knows better than me can chime in, but I don't think it would be wise to use a propane torch on your finish. Because fire. Couldn't hurt to get yourself a cheap heat gun from Amazon or Harbor Freight, the Benelli probably wont be the only time you use it if you are in to firearms. I've used mine on my rifles, even a frozen pipe.

As far as the vice, remember you are going to be heating a piece of metal hot enough to fry an egg, so theres the whole safety thing. But if you had to, you could use whats around you. I once torqued an AR barrel nut with a tree 😕

• 1 month later...