Selling A Cstock as regular joe

Anthem_Freedoms

Hi I'm new to this site. I have had this stock for a few years now after my truck was stolen and recovered by the police.  They called me to come pick it up in a motel parking lot.  The people that stole it were still inside their room sleeping or whatever but had left all their possessions in my truck bed.  I asked the officer what to do with their stuff he said keep it if you like.  At the time I had a bean bag shotgun among some other interesting items.  I have no clue where they got the stuff from and I had no clue other than it went to a gun what the cstock was used for.  I recently had a friend over when I was moving and he saw that stock and I said I was going to throw it out.  He told me I was sitting on a nice $125.00 AR15 stock with an accuracy barrel but he was wrong obviously and upon further research I found out I have been sitting on something much more valuable.  However, while researching I have noticed that most places selling this part are authorized dealers.  So my question is: DO YOU HAVE TO BE A LICENSED DEALER TO SELL THIS STOCK ONLINE? AND CAN I SELL IT TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC? I JUST DON'T WANT TO LIST SOMETHING LIKE THIS AND THEN HAVE THE ATF KNOCKING AT MY DOOR AND ME BEING AN IGNORANT FOOL TO IT ALL.  PLEASE ADVISE BECAUSE IF I CAN I COULD REALLY USE THE MONEY THESE ARE WORTH AND IS IT TRUE THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE STILL PAYING UPWARDS OF $1200 FOR THE BENELLI M4 COLLAPSIBLE STOCK?

THANKS, 

A_F_

Edited by Anthem_Freedoms
Typos

7 hours ago, Anthem_Freedoms said:

Hi I'm new to this site. I have had this stock for a few years now after my truck was stolen and recovered by the police.  They called me to come pick it up in a motel parking lot.  The people that stole it were still inside their room sleeping or whatever but had left all their possessions in my truck bed.  I asked the officer what to do with their stuff he said keep it if you like.  At the time I had a bean bag shotgun among some other interesting items.  I have no clue where they got the stuff from and I had no clue other than it went to a gun what the cstock was used for.  I recently had a friend over when I was moving and he saw that stock and I said I was going to throw it out.  He told me I was sitting on a nice $125.00 AR15 stock with an accuracy barrel but he was wrong obviously and upon further research I found out I have been sitting on something much more valuable.  However, while researching I have noticed that most places selling this part are authorized dealers.  So my question is: DO YOU HAVE TO BE A LICENSED DEALER TO SELL THIS STOCK ONLINE? AND CAN I SELL IT TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC? I JUST DON'T WANT TO LIST SOMETHING LIKE THIS AND THEN HAVE THE ATF KNOCKING AT MY DOOR AND ME BEING AN IGNORANT FOOL TO IT ALL.  PLEASE ADVISE BECAUSE IF I CAN I COULD REALLY USE THE MONEY THESE ARE WORTH AND IS IT TRUE THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE STILL PAYING UPWARDS OF $1200 FOR THE BENELLI M4 COLLAPSIBLE STOCK?

THANKS, 

A_F_

You can sell the stock to anyone in the US as long as the rest of the M4 isn’t attached to it. I’d be more concerned with the officer telling you to keep their stuff. Not sure that’s sound legal advice. Regardless these stocks tend to set without being sold at $600 so getting $1200 for one might be a challenge.

Edited by Fullassault