M4 Entry Complete-ish

Ceephus

First off, thank you to @StrangerDanger for your guides. I saved a bunch of them to review while waiting on my stamp to clear, and it made my work much easier, thanks bud. 👍 I still need an optic, but here she is so far. It was on my bucket list and I had a helluva bonus last year, and I found a good deal on her. Still working on the 5-shell thing but she is definitely fun to shoot. 

20220922_132447~2.jpg

20220922_132418.jpg

Edited by Ceephus
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Ceephus said:

First off, thank you to @StrangerDanger for your guides. I saved a bunch of them to review while waiting on my stamp to clear, and it made my work much easier, thanks bud. 👍 I still need an optic, but here she is so far. It was on my bucket list and I had a helluva bonus last year, and I found a good deal on her. Still working on the 5-shell thing but she is definitely fun to shoot. 

20220922_132447~2.jpg

20220922_132418.jpg

It’s hard to get the scope of how sweet the entry is, plain, out of the box. I’d consider mine, minimalistic, as a whole. I had the scalarworks, T2, modlite n mount, sling, limb saver, shotgun cards,match saver, n second set of handguards, prior to form 4 approval. So I was committed to a path I wanted for overall build. I am very pleased with how it turned out, as I am not shotgun-centric in my profession and despite owning many niche, high dollar Gucci firearms, the entry is my favorite. Despite all this, when I finally picked it up, absent of seeing it for 6 months, I was very torn, not leaving it as is and immediately wanted a second to leave un-molested. Sooo badass and soooo much handier feeling than the full-size sibling. Congratulations. It looks great! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

Nice setup.

I'd get the titanium magazine tube from carriercomp for it and a BlueForceGear padded QD sling.

I did, that's a DG titanium on there. I used your guide on removing it with my heatgun 😉 same with the limbsaver install. I took a Dremel to the surefire button to make it fit and hit it with blackener, but I left a little more material for my big thumb to purchase. It works great and doesn't hurt. @StrangerDanger hey what safety button do you run? 

Edited by Ceephus

3 hours ago, Ceephus said:

I did, that's a DG titanium on there. I used your guide on removing it with my heatgun 😉 same with the limbsaver install. I took a Dremel to the surefire button to make it fit and hit it with blackener, but I left a little more material for my big thumb to purchase. It works great and doesn't hurt. @StrangerDanger hey what safety button do you run? 

I'm a fan of the DMW one as well. The TTI one is okay, but I prefer the design of the DMW over it. The X-Rail one was way too big.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I am able to reliably feed 5 shells now, I got a new CC spring and clipped it just enough to load 5 Federal Flite Controls. I ran 200 rounds through it so far to test, no hiccups. Also traded out the 18350 light body for an 18650 to kill the barrel shadow. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

So I found a Geissele trigger and traded a kidney for it. Then I found an OEM aluminum trigger guard and grabbed that too. Figured I may as well put some Wolff trigger Springs in it while I had it torn down. You guys weren't lying about the trigger guards finish from the factory, I had to clean it up first. 

20231206_104608.jpg

20231206_142351.jpg

20231206_164100.jpg

20231206_164118.jpg

20231206_164318.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ceephus said:

So I found a Geissele trigger and traded a kidney for it. Then I found an OEM aluminum trigger guard and grabbed that too. Figured I may as well put some Wolff trigger Springs in it while I had it torn down. You guys weren't lying about the trigger guards finish from the factory, I had to clean it up first. 

20231206_104608.jpg

20231206_142351.jpg

20231206_164100.jpg

20231206_164118.jpg

20231206_164318.jpg

i have three Geissele triggers in my M4s.Not sure if they ever made a difference or any better .Then saying i have them.And i payed regular price for them bad in the day 

Edited by rubicon20032003
  • Upvote 1