Left handed M2 advice

bonoiam

I have posted concerning this problem but I have a little up date and would like to get some advice.

My M2 had a cycle issue, sent back to benelli, fedex lost and then it showed up agian 2 months later. Benelli replaced the recoil spring, test fired and returned.

I recieved it with some scratches from what looks like careless assembly and disassembly.

I took the gun out with heavy loads and did some trap shooting. Third shot out it did not cycled and on the fourth box of shells it was basicly a single shot shotgun. We were shooting doubles and it miscycled nearly everytime. Could this be a left handed issue? Benelli very seldom has this type of issues I gather from my research. This is why I purchased a beneilli.

I contacted Benelli and they want me to send it back a second time. I asked for a replacement or exchange and they said they could do nothing, talk to the dealer. I spoke with sportsmans wharehouse and they said their policy is no returns or exchanges on firearms.

What action should I take from this point. I am wishing I had never purchased the gun.

Thanks for your input.

Explain everything to Benelli Customer service that you talk about in this thread. IE... The scratches you noticed upon recieving it back from them and all the problems you are having with the shotgun. I have only had good dealings with Benelli customer service in the past. I think you can work something out with them. Best of luck to you.

I had a left handed M1 and first time out, I shot two cases through it without a hitch. Have you tried to let someone else shoot the gun and see how it cycles for them? My buddy has a Stoeger 2000 that refuses to cycle for him but both of nephews shot the thing without any cycling issues of any sort.

Nodark,

I tried different things thinking I was holding the gun to freely or to tight. Nothing worked. I did not think about haveing someone else try to shoot the gun and see if the problem went away.

I will give it a try, thanks.

bonoiam

This situation has become unacceptable. I would contact Benelli CS again and ask to speak to the manager. Tell them that the dealer won't work with you and that a replacement gun is the only reasonable solution to this problem. Be VERY firm about that! Good luck and let us know what they say.

Benelli likes to say they produce a top-of-the-line product-----well they must provide first rate Customer Service to back their product up!!

I talked to Benelli today and they say that they can no way replace the gun. I talked to the gun smith and relayed the problem alongto him. He said that he put 25 rounds of AA's without an issue. I have been using the estate brand (cheaper), and he indicated that may be the issue. He was going to clean it up and make some adjustsments. He was very nice and offered a lot of info about the gun.

All in all Benelli is makeing great strides to fix the problem. When I get it back I will pay more for ammo and cross my fingers have no more problems. I may need to go and buy an O/U to shoot trap with to lower my blood pressure.

I will let you know how it goes when I get it out to the range.

Originally posted by bonoiam:

I have been using the estate brand (cheaper), and he indicated that may be the issue. He was going to clean it up and make some adjustsments. He was very nice and offered a lot of info about the gun.

That is interesting. Which Estate shells are you using. I have run probably 20 or 30 flats through my M2 with out a hitch. They were all the Super Sporting Competition target Loads in 3 dram 1.125 ounce #8's and 2.75 dram eq 1 ounce #8's.

Mike :confused:

Dagrizz,

I am shooting the sporting competition loads as you indicated. I never shoot anything less than 3 dram. I personaly think this is a defective firearm but know one will listen. Is your M2 a LH model?

As much as I love the technolgy and the style it will be very hard for me to buy a benelli the next time I purchase a shotgun.

Originally posted by bonoiam:

Dagrizz, Is your M2 a LH model?

As much as I love the technolgy and the style it will be very hard for me to buy a benelli the next time I purchase a shotgun.

No my M2 is a right handed field model.

This was my first Benelli. It has never missed a chance to go bang. In 2.5 years it has only had 2 misfires and those were both bad shells. Each one had a good dimple in the primer but did not go bang.

As of now we have 3 Benelli's in ouur house. My M2 my wifes Montefeltro and a Nova that I just won at a DU shoot the first of July. All of these guns have been relaible to date. The jury is still out on the Nova as I have only put 1 box of shells through it so far. It will be my beater gun for hunting.

Mike ;)

• 2 weeks later...

my fiancee has been running case after case of the Estate super sporting 1 1/8 shells through her righthanded M2 and has only had one misfire because of a faulty primer. I've had dealers tell me that the only guns they have seen more problems with left-handed guns than right-handed, I've also talked to a couple of guys with lefthanded guns that had some trouble with them.

Thanks gunner76, This is great info, I wounder if benelli has any statistics on LH vs RH issues. I did get the gun back from benelli and took it out to the range. I purchased the winchester AA 3 dram, #8, 1 1/8 shells and after 150 rounds I had nothing but a great time. The gun fired everytime without an issue and I can not tell you how glad I am. The 6 cents more a shell was money well spent.