SBEII minimum load

Skybroom

It seems like a lot of people can shoot lighter loads than the minimum recommended without any problems. I don't have time to try mine in the near future. My question is: Has anyone ever had trouble shooting the minimum recommended loads? Dove season starts soon and I don't want to waste my time on opening day. The only shells I have used so far are about 2 boxes of heavy duck or goose loads. I just don't know if I should use my old pump gun or take the chance on the Benelli.

Originally posted by tucker301:

Some have indeed reported problems with sub-minimum loads.

Why not simply take the pump along as a backup?

I don't plan on using less than the recommended load (at least not the first light loads I try) and I already have too much crap to carry. The public area I dove hunt is a long walk and we bring guns, buckets, shells, water for us, water for the dog, bowl, etc. It's about enough to wear a person out in our usual 95 degree humid heat.

Go with the Wally world federal 1 1/8 oz 7 1/2 shot, the winchstrs may hang up. just make sure all of the factory packing oil is cleaned and that you have followed the manfctrs directions on oil. now go bust some doves!

man, i cant wait.

Originally posted by Skybroom:

It seems like a lot of people can shoot lighter loads than the minimum recommended without any problems. I don't have time to try mine in the near future. My question is: Has anyone ever had trouble shooting the minimum recommended loads? Dove season starts soon and I don't want to waste my time on opening day. The only shells I have used so far are about 2 boxes of heavy duck or goose loads. I just don't know if I should use my old pump gun or take the chance on the Benelli.

Originally posted by Skybroom:

Min loads, yes there can be a problem but it is recommended to shoot 4-5 boxes because the new weapon/parts are machined and need to be worn in. As for the ammunition you should always buy the better and not the cheapest. I rather spend 5 bucks a box then $3.50 and use alot of rounds to get ur limit. No more of the cheap stuff there pattering shows the price.