I couldn't be happier.

h.bowman

I brought home my Benelli M4 today. When I bought it, I failed to check to see if it was the 11707 or the M1014. About a week ago, I called the gun shop and they told me it was the M1014. Well, I brought it home today and they were wrong - mine is the 11707. Unless I'm mistaken, the 11707 is the preferred model. Anyway, not much else to say. Aside from being very happy.

11717 is only for LE/MP and has the telescoping butt stock and is cammo in nature or are they Military only?. the 11707 is pistol grip not telescoping, ya spend that much money and you were in question of which you were bringing home? I am sure you will enjoy it, they quit doing the Limited Edition M1014 quite some time ago didn't they, had an american flag on it somewhere?was it a subdued flag or color? i would think any M4 would be a blast but the 11717 would be the one i would tag if it were possible!! :)

11717 is only for LE/MP and has the telescoping butt stock and is cammo in nature or are they Military only?. the 11707 is pistol grip not telescoping, ya spend that much money and you were in question of which you were bringing home? I am sure you will enjoy it, they quit doing the Limited Edition M1014 quite some time ago didn't they, had an american flag on it somewhere?was it a subdued flag or color? i would think any M4 would be a blast but the 11717 would be the one i would tag if it were possible!! :)

I suppose the pics answer some of those questions. :)

I paid $1550 for this gun. Yeah, its a lot to spend and not know, I agree. None of my research on this gun revealed the difference between the M1014 and the 11707, surprisingly. And the gun store employees didn't know the difference, again, surprisingly.

Anyway, I'm headed to the mountains next monday to test it out. Any advice on what to run through it to break it in would be great. Some people have said that you don't have to break these in. I can't believe that. I'm confident I shouldn't just load it up with slug right off the bat and have at it. So please offer any thoughts / advice on what I should run through it initially.

Thanks

I suppose the pics answer some of those questions. :)

I paid $1550 for this gun. Yeah, its a lot to spend and not know, I agree. None of my research on this gun revealed the difference between the M1014 and the 11707, surprisingly. And the gun store employees didn't know the difference, again, surprisingly.

Anyway, I'm headed to the mountains next monday to test it out. Any advice on what to run through it to break it in would be great. Some people have said that you don't have to break these in. I can't believe that. I'm confident I shouldn't just load it up with slug right off the bat and have at it. So please offer any thoughts / advice on what I should run through it initially.

Thanks

Do not own a M4 but manual says nothing about break-in? i would still run some 3" heavy loads thru it or some 2 3/4's.

The Marines put this gun thru some bad ass test so you have no need to worry, just clean it up and let it rip. I would use some choke lube and never leave choke tube tight when it's in gun safe, just helps from having a stuck tube. I read some where that when ya put gun away after shooting allways release torque on tube? Before shooting ya must remember to torque it back, a stuck choke tube will cost ya $$. Enjoy that bad boy!!:)

The box might be a mistake. The receiver is marked M4 LE (Limited Edition), which was the M1014. Take the stock off and see if there are notches milled into the tube, so it can except a collapsing stock. If the tube is not milled, then it is definitely a M1014 or at least the same set up.

man ,,those pics are great,thanks,,its great lookin,now about ammo,,,slugs,buckshot,birdshot,,,anything,,glass,,whatever,,doesn't matter what you throw in there first,,mine eats up every thing,,,its just a wonderful weapon,,been a proud owner since jan 2003.

Anybody use these as hunting guns? Ducks, geese, turkey, pheasant? Other then the sights, I think the M4 would rule for that.

Where is the bolt handle? I didn't see it in any of the pictures.

Its on there now. Just had not installed it prior to the pics.

The box might be a mistake. The receiver is marked M4 LE (Limited Edition), which was the M1014. Take the stock off and see if there are notches milled into the tube, so it can except a collapsing stock. If the tube is not milled, then it is definitely a M1014 or at least the same set up.

The M1014 commercial (limited edition) release had the etched flag on the receiver, non-milled recoil tube, solid choke (non screw-in) and special "M1014-XXXX" serial numbers.

In my post around 2/24, I discussed this rash of 'new' 11707s that have older receivers with the M4 LE marking. The new 11707 I examined had a lower serial and 2004 date code, yet was mated with a high serial number barrel. When asked, the dealer said it was new and just came in from Benelli.

I think before the 10 yr expiration of the '94 ban, Benelli did offer an M4 with the milled tube for Law Enforcement sales. I recall seeing many variations on Cal's and Impact's sites, and always presumed these were the versions with the LE marking. Speculating a bit, it would seem that Benelli had a cache of older LE receivers and is now using them up to produce new 11707s.

I brought home my Benelli M4 today. When I bought it, I failed to check to see if it was the 11707 or the M1014. About a week ago, I called the gun shop and they told me it was the M1014. Well, I brought it home today and they were wrong - mine is the 11707. Unless I'm mistaken, the 11707 is the preferred model. Anyway, not much else to say. Aside from being very happy.

Hope your sights ya ordered worked out? Did Centurian get ya the correct parts?:)

Hope your sights ya ordered worked out? Did Centurian get ya the correct parts?:)

I haven't put them on the gun yet. I have those to install, plus I just scored a collapsable stock that I hope to have by the end of next week.

As for the sights, I can't get over how dim they are compared to the tritium sights I have on my handguns. My brother says that the sights for the long guns aren't as bright as with handguns. Don't know how much truth there is to that, but we'll see soon when I do a night shoot out in the desert with them.

I haven't put them on the gun yet. I have those to install, plus I just scored a collapsable stock that I hope to have by the end of next week.

As for the sights, I can't get over how dim they are compared to the tritium sights I have on my handguns. My brother says that the sights for the long guns aren't as bright as with handguns. Don't know how much truth there is to that, but we'll see soon when I do a night shoot out in the desert with them.

man you threw down big time!! do not even wanta know how much you paid for tele butt stock! sounds like you are ready for bear and anything else that would come at ya!! lol!! enjoy!!

man you threw down big time!! do not even wanta know how much you paid for tele butt stock! sounds like you are ready for bear and anything else that would come at ya!! lol!! enjoy!!

Well, when I want something, I'll figure out a way. This is a serious gun, and I want all the things to enhance the gun and make it even better. I'm now working on scoring an extension tube, and hope to have one of those real soon, too. I'm doing a 4 day tactical shotgun class out at Front Sight in exactly 2 weeks, and want this gun to be all tricked out with the good stuff. :D

Oh, I got the collapsable stock for $560 delivered. Kind of expensive, I know. But just to get an excellent Knoxx Ops stock for my Remington is what, around $180 delivered? And those aren't rare. So I paid a $380 premium for something actually made by Benelli, which is good, and is rare, on top of that. I thought the $380 premium was kind of steep, but I've seen these things go on eBay for $800+. So, it is what it is.

The crappy thing is that I live on the Dark Side - in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. I can't legally install the collapsable stock unless I leave the state. Can't have a semi-automatic shotgun with a pistol grip AND a collapsable stock in Kalifornia. Those two components on a semi-auto shotgun are evil to people like Pelosi and Feinstein. So, the standard stock will stay on my gun at all times, that is, until I leave the state, which I do often.

Well, when I want something, I'll figure out a way. This is a serious gun, and I want all the things to enhance the gun and make it even better. I'm now working on scoring an extension tube, and hope to have one of those real soon, too. I'm doing a 4 day tactical shotgun class out at Front Sight in exactly 2 weeks, and want this gun to be all tricked out with the good stuff. :D

Oh, I got the collapsable stock for $560 delivered. Kind of expensive, I know. But just to get an excellent Knoxx Ops stock for my Remington is what, around $180 delivered? And those aren't rare. So I paid a $380 premium for something actually made by Benelli, which is good, and is rare, on top of that. I thought the $380 premium was kind of steep, but I've seen these things go on eBay for $800+. So, it is what it is.

The crappy thing is that I live on the Dark Side - in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. I can't legally install the collapsable stock unless I leave the state. Can't have a semi-automatic shotgun with a pistol grip AND a collapsable stock in Kalifornia. Those two components on a semi-auto shotgun are evil to people like Pelosi and Feinstein. So, the standard stock will stay on my gun at all times, that is, until I leave the state, which I do often.

You need to get out of that place they have a "A" gun control rating!! come to NM and enjoy the "F" we enjoy!! you can just about do what ever ya want short of walking around flashing a gun here and no problems!! Local PD has no issue with it because if ya mess up here they get 3 days off if involved in a shooting!!

I have two M4's, both are 11707 with the notched receivers. One is marked M4 LE and the other is marked M4. They are the SAME GUN!!! Both will take a collapsible stock.

I also have both a standard M4 and M4LE (both marked 11707 on box). From what I understand the "LE" is for Law Enforcement and not for Limited Edition. These receivers were made during the AWB period for law enforcement agencies and once the AWB lapsed there was no requirement to label them LE any longer (kind of like the LE/Restricted stamped AR-15's). So essentially they are now the same as the 11707 and are marked as such by Benelli.

In a nutshell It appears that you've purchased one of the mysterious LE marked 11707's that have been cropping up lately. Nice!

jhoffg

Hi h.bowman,

I'm curious what is meant by open carry in NV? You certainly wouldn't carry on your hip, uncovered, in a local supermarket and such. That may be legal in the strict sense of the law but it would be unwise unless you had a shield right next to it. You can get a CCW here without being a resident. You mean just keeping it in the car? I love NV... Battle Born.

Hi h.bowman,

I'm curious what is meant by open carry in NV? You certainly wouldn't carry on your hip, uncovered, in a local supermarket and such. That may be legal in the strict sense of the law but it would be unwise unless you had a shield right next to it. You can get a CCW here without being a resident. You mean just keeping it in the car? I love NV... Battle Born.

I'm only ever in Nye County and Clark County. I will open carry in Nye County EVERYWHERE I go. Grocery store, mini mart, out to dinner, wherever. I carry open, on my hip, and everyone who looks at me will see my 1911. In Nye County, this doesn't raise eyebrows. Its very common there.

In Clark County, I would do the same, but only in rural areas. I would not open carry while walking down The Strip, even though IT IS 100% legal to do so. Some idiot from Boston would likely get his panties in a bind and call the police, and I'd have to answer some questions, but I would be free to go on my way with my gun on my hip.

Nevada, in its entirety, is an OPEN CARRY state, aside from North Las Vegas and Boulder City, where you will get arrested for open carrying in either of those two towns.

From my experiences carrying openly, people are much more friendly. :D People say hello to you. Imagine that! :eek:

I also have a CCW for Nevada. The only time I've carried concealed in Nevada is simply because it was cold and I put a coat on which happened to cover my gun somewhat.

Nye County is a fairly safe bet for no excitement over open carry - it is a bastian for libertarians.

As I said, I go everywhere with my gun on my hip when in Nye County. I'm there usually at least once per month. I own a house in a golfing community so I can stay there when I'm out there. The clubhouse thats filled with guys just off the course, I go in with my gun on my hip and have dinner. I think many of them find it amusing. But I'm not the only one who does it. Its very common to see guns on hips in and around Pahrump.

Being able to do that turns a somewhat dumpy little brothel town into paradise.