First Post w/ M4 question!

manr0e

Hi everyone...first post here!

I have been wanting an M4 for several years now and I finally have enough money! I would like a few questions though before I buy one.

The pistol grip is nice...but I feel that a standard stock is better since I am in NY and the pistol grip would limit me to 4+1 and would make it a crime to buy an extension or full length tube.

I would also love a Mesa Tactical 4 shell buttstock carrier, but there site says it fits on all benelli pistol gripped butstocks with the sling mount......the standard stock has the same sling mount so I am wondering if it would work?!?

I would like to see some pics of a M4 with a standard stock and ammo holders on it!

Thanks alot

I just got a mesa stock shell holder, but the directions say it only fits non m4 stocks because the sling loop on the m4 is glued in. I'll tell you as soon as my M4 arrives.... don't hold your breath it won't be soon. I hope that I can heat the stock up to break the glue but it might be wishful thinking. Hope someone else can chime in with advice.

I think Ray Charles could find M4 pictures on this site:D !! Oh my bad he is no longer with us! ya gotta put some effort into looking for them:) but i guess their are a couple M4 Guys here that will hook ya up!! http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showpost.php?p=74762&postcount=2 http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showpost.php?p=54755&postcount=9

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showpost.php?p=56025&postcount=11

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showpost.php?p=51985&postcount=13

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53802&postcount=3

amazing how search feature works!

his last sentence says pics of standard stock and ammo holders,,where are you at monoskier,,I'll tell ya where your not,, on this topic,,go monoski because you can't even post a pic,,, then your talking smack,,,a handle like monodumbsh!t fits you better.

Maybe he can use search feature? i would want the side saddle mount if i had one and the the mag loader that fills mag with one push? i thought i have seen some competion shooters using them? any body knows what i am talking about? Link?:D

his last sentence says pics of standard stock and ammo holders,,where are you at monoskier,,I'll tell ya where your not,, on this topic,,go monoski because you can't even post a pic,,, then your talking smack,,,a handle like monodumbsh!t fits you better.

Wow! Calm down. I'm not talking "smack," just thought I'd provide a link. I know that the mesa stock shell holder is somewhat new and I was just trying to inform. FYI I know how to post a link and photos, but I'm under 5 posts so I'm prohibited to do so. I shortened the address so it didn't get flagged as a link. I love internet forum tough guys.

this forum wont expand and grow and get better if new members continually get treated like sh*t or like a dumb*ss just b/c they dont know every inner working of this site. When i was new here a certain poster nearly ran me off b/c of his holier than thou attitude and thats just not the way to treat the new blood w/o there being a GOOD reason.

this forum wont expand and grow and get better if new members continually get treated like sh*t or like a dumb*ss just b/c they dont know every inner working of this site. When i was new here a certain poster nearly ran me off b/c of his holier than thou attitude and thats just not the way to treat the new blood w/o there being a GOOD reason.

Word.

xxxxxx

okay,,I'm breathing ,,now what,,,,so newbies have rites,,, yes,,,fine,,they should mind there manners and know what there typing before they even think that they are going to correct anyone about any topic,,,especially an M1014/M4 topic,,,thats where you give respect to get it,,,gee ,,cool concept,,if not then get treated as a no common sense member-new or old,,,

did you do something naughty???,,who was it???common you can tell us the story,,

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to correct anyone. I just posted that (semi) link because I hadn't seen any M4's with the stock holder in any of the pics around here. I was actually hoping, along with the original poster, to see if someone would have a pic of an M4 with one. I'm actually nervous that I got a holder that won't fit my coming shotgun. I didn't realize I was disrespecting some sort of hierarchy. You're right I don't own any Benelli of any kind, but that doesn't mean I'm new to shooting or shotguns or even to internet forums. You're also right that respect is earned and no disrespect, but to earn it from me you need a lot more than the knowledge of one particular shotgun. This looked like a gathering of good people with lots of info that I wanted to learn myself, too bad I got off on the wrong foot.

So, for the record:

I'm sorry. I meant no harm and I wasn't trying to correct anyone.

If anything, I just wanted to piggyback the original request for pics of shell holders to pics of Mesa stock shell holders. Maybe I should have started my own thread.

Lee

a.k.a Monoskier or Mono-dumb-sh!t, I'll answer to both.

Dude, are you really a monoskier? That **** is difficult. I like to ski and live in the mountains in Utard. Lots of Mormons, but hey, there're pro-gun and the skiing kicks-ass. Welcome aboard man. M4 is a kick ass weapon! I've own two. One will shoot even 7/8 oz loads and the other will only shoot 1 1/8 oz. like Benelli advertises. You can still find ext.'s and collapsible stocks as well.

well well,,what do we have here,,some closet love,,monoputa and jonitwit,,ain't this forum just wonderful,not just about Benellis but love too,,get a pm rm going,,,just like matchmate.com,,not suprised,,

Just trying to keep a welcoming attitude, unlike other boards I sometimes frequent, where new guys get hammered for asking questions that are obvious to an experienced guy like yourself. And I don't know if your a skier, but monoskiing is tough to master, epecially on the really steep*ss stuff- 50 degrees plus. And even if you were say, a gay f*cker, you wuold still have some pretty big cajones to be a monoskier.

• 1 year later...

The pistol grip is nice...but I feel that a standard stock is better since I am in NY and the pistol grip would limit me to 4+1 and would make it a crime to buy an extension or full length tube.

Greetings all! I just signed aboard here recently as I am the proud new owner of an M4. I've been poking around the threads and the above line caught my eye. I too, live in New York. My 'Off The Shelf' M4 has the pistol grip stock and is capable of holding 5 shells in the tube. (At least that's how many I can put in it 'comfortably' unless I'm 'overfeeding' it or something!) Is the member quoted above mistaken in the weapon's tube capacity, or am I 'overfeeding' her? As for the other legalities mentioned in the quote . . . I'll have to research those seperately. Anyway, "Thanks!" for reading as this is my first post! I look forward to enjoying the wealth of information contained herein, and to 'chatting' with all of you fellow 2nd Amendment supporters! Best!