Let's See Some Game Recipes

tucker301

Doves Oriental... I guess?

doves.jpg

I pretty much winged this one, so I'm not sure what you call it... other than good ;)

Ingredients

8-10 Dove Breasts (or other dark fowl meat)

1 Tbsp Season Salt

1/2 Cup Brown Sugar

1 Tbsp Garlic Powder

1 Onion

Olive Oil

1/4 cup Worchestershire Sauce

1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar

Salt

Pepper

1 Uncle Ben's Oriental Fried Rice

1/4 cup Bourbon (optional)

Prep:

Combine Dry Mix Ingredients making sure brown sugar is thoroughly broken into powder.

Rinse and pat dry deboned dove fillets.

Pour Worchestershire and Balsamic Vinegar over dove breasts and let soak 10 minutes.

Remove breasts (save the marinade) and coat with the dry rub.

Dice Onion into medium sized pieces or cut into 1" strips.

Cook:

Begin preparing the rice per the instructions.

Coat the bottom of a medium skillet with olive oil and saute the onions until clear, adding salt and pepper to taste.

When the onions are clear, reduce the heat and add the leftover marinade to the onions and continue to cook for a couple of minutes.

Add the dove breasts and turn them in three minutes or so.

Continue to cook the mix until the onions have turned brown and tender.

Remove the pan from the heat and pour the bourbon over the doves and onions. Return to the heat and cook until you can no longer smell the alcohol.

The mix should reduce to a thin gravy consistency.

Plate:

Make a bed of the rice and cover it with the doves and onions.

garnish with parsley flakes or something like that.

EAT!

breast out the geese and cut the breasts into 1/2 inch strips.Soak in salty water to draw blood out about an hour or so.Soak overnight in Lawerys 30 minute marinate (mesquite with lime flavor)in the fridge.wrap each strip in bacon and sprinkle with creole seasoning or favorite steak seasoning and grill.

I prefer to light one side of my grill and put the meat on the other side.Be sure not to overcook goose as it will taste livery if you do.When cooked properly goose tastes a lot like beef steak:)

Take Teal breasts, soak them in salt water for 3-4 hours. Drain and rinse, soak in 1/2 and 1/2 mixture of Allegro Teriyaki and Hot/Spicy. Put a mixture of cream cheese and chives between the 2 breast halfs, wrap with center cut lean bacon grill until the cream cheese starts to melt.

Looking forward to trying a few of these recepies! I have had terrible luck with my own so I wont bother to share them.

Best idea I had in years was to take about 25 lbs of duck breast into the local meat market and have it ground into sausage, the flavor was very close to whitetail and everyone loved.

This is great for dove and quail breast:

Take a whole green jalapeño put it in the cavity created by the breast bone Lightly season with Canadian Steak seasoning, wrap whole thing lean bacon, use tooth picks to hold the bacon on and to pierce the jalapeño. Put it on the grill. The jalapeño flavor will steam up into the bird.

Check The Sporting Chef (has a web sight) for some great water fowl recipes. He has cooked at the DU booth at the SHOT Show for the past few years. The past two years our companies booth has been within smell distance of the DU booth.