I ‘m at a loss for words.

clansoup

Around the end of April last year I bought a Benelli M4 11707 from a gun store in California. It was a prized piece in my collection having more meaning to me from being a prior SGT in the USMC.

I took every care I possibly could for this weapon making sure not a scratch would ever land on it. To put it into perspective it was wrapped in a towel when put into the safe.

I’ve taken this weapon out to the skeet range 3 times with friends to have some fun with clays. With the other weapons we shot, my M4 hadn’t even had 100 rounds through it till it broke.

After the third time out at the skeet range I got home and was getting ready to clean it and the stock fell of the weapon onto my carpeted living room floor. From what Benelli described on the repair order the problem was a broken Stock Bolt. The problem is not that less that 100 rounds passed through it before it broke the problem is this.

Before shipping the weapon I spent an entire day to wrap each loose piece in bubble wrap. I separated each bubble wrap package with news print. I organized the pieces in a Tetris fashion and then made a custom double layer box so nothing would move around. The repairs took about 5 weeks and I finally had the package at my door from Benelli. I opened the box and just stared in disbelief. There are scratch marks all over the gun. The rear sight has a large chunk carved out of the right top side. The magazine tube is marked up and even worse the barrel is chipped and scraped. My near brand new weapon looks like it is owned by an inbred that uses it to beat his dog. I’m so upset about this I am at a loss for words.

Another concern I have is that the serial numbers on the receiver and barrel do not match. I didn’t check this before I sent it in because I assumed they would be like my other guns and have matching serial numbers. Could you other M4 11707 owners take a look at your weapons and let me know if those two numbers match on yours?

What can I do about the damages to my M4? I’m so sickened by this whole ordeal I can’t even stand looking at it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Man,,,I feel your pain,,,,no kidding around,,I've at times felt what if this or that happened,,,call Customer Service up and get the boss on the phone,,your gonna have to focre a good frame of mind upon yourself and do it,,then be firm but fair and lean on them,,take pics,,hopefully you kept your box,,cause it has all the info and your order #s confirmation,,everything that has evidence,so this unthinkable ordeal can be fixed,,God speed to ya my Benelli Brother.

Wow this sucks, the M4 is really a piece of art in my book, and to trash it, is a sin. I hope they work this out for you. You paid a pretty penny for this firearm, hopefully benelli will replace it. Not to mention how disappointed I am that you had a problem with it after such limited use.

good luck

So sorry for your pain. I can feel the hurt. Please let us know what the out come of this is. Poor customer service is a reason not to buy a product or sell my current.

Which stock was actually on the rifle. Could you have sent back only the stock in this situation? Did Benelli advise you to send the whole rifle back to them? I just want to know a bit more in order NOT to have this happen to any of us in the future.

I have just learned to take pictures of the rifle before shipping and pictures of packaging prior to shipping.

The exact same thing happened to be, but my M4 was brand new and I was showing a friend. I grabbed it out of the safe and the freakin stock just fell RIGHT off!! You have any idea how stupid an M4 looks without its stock?

All I did was send the stock into Benelli and they sent me a new one... too bad they jacked up your shotgun, I would be pissed.

I'm anal about keeping my weapons in good shape too. Unfortunately not all people treat them like we do. I'd be firm with Benelli and let them know you want a replacement. I think they'd oblige. It's their reputation.

I have a SBEII and the serial numbers don't match on my barrel and receiver either. I thought it strange too, when I first got it, but this barrel is a turkey hunters dream and I wouldn't let it go. One of my buddies says "it's the chit"