US Made Titanium Benelli M4 Magazine Tubes! Available online Jan 1, 2009.

Guest cleefurd

Yes I'm alive. Quick update here and back to the grind-stone.

• Graduation from my full time student status is right around the corner. YEAH!! more free time to work on orders.
  • Training 3rd candidate this month to replace the lead machinist we fired on the 14th. Half stepping while I train a replacement has been painful, especially the adverse effect it has on lead times. Thanks for everyone's patience.
  • The picatinny rails are still inching along. We have 94 of them past the half-way point. Still waiting on a custom profile tool to cut the CORRECT bottom radius which will eliminate receiver distortion experienced by another vender.
  • Daughter's wedding went fine.
  • Expect a YouTube video demonstrating proper tube replacement in the next few weeks.
  • LASTLY APRIL ORDERS are expected to ship this week after several AGONIZING set backs. Not pleasant making excuses. MUCH new material in our titanium scrap bin, and employee prospects finding out the hard way that there is only one kind of perfect. Everything else ends up being a wind chime. Literally.

Ergo I am to understand that the dredge-hand did not work out, or you have hired someone in addition to?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LASTLY APRIL ORDERS are expected to ship this week after several AGONIZING set backs. Not pleasant making excuses. MUCH new material in our titanium scrap bin, and employee prospects finding out the hard way that there is only one kind of perfect. Everything else ends up being a wind chime. Literally.

I'm eagerly anticipating my new tube. Too bad it won't arrive before my club's July 4 grand opening/open shoot. But I can deal with the standard tube for now. :p

So ... When do the wind chimes go on sale?

Waiting for mine reminds me of how I felt the day before Christmas when I was five. Or when I ordered that special gadget as a kid and waited daily for the mailman to reveal that the "allow four to six weeks for delivery" period had finally passed.

Since this thread is also about installing them let me ask you pros a question. I removed my stock tube a few weeks back thinking this new was going to arrive any day. The old LocTite was pretty much all on the tube's threads. A couple of days ago I bought some acetone to clean up the old tube and prep. the receiver.

I had hope that the acetone would just dissolve it but that's not the case for me. I am using 100% acetone. Do I need to soak it of something? Q-tips sure aren't making a dent.

Waiting for mine reminds me of how I felt the day before Christmas when I was five. Or when I ordered that special gadget as a kid and waited daily for the mailman to reveal that the "allow four to six weeks for delivery" period had finally passed.

Since this thread is also about installing them let me ask you pros a question. I removed my stock tube a few weeks back thinking this new was going to arrive any day. The old LocTite was pretty much all on the tube's threads. A couple of days ago I bought some acetone to clean up the old tube and prep. the receiver.

I had hope that the acetone would just dissolve it but that's not the case for me. I am using 100% acetone. Do I need to soak it of something? Q-tips sure aren't making a dent.

I used a 12 gauge bore brush (NOT Stainless!) and some CLP and just turned it and brushed on it and it came out. YMMV.

I'm eagerly anticipating my new tube. Too bad it won't arrive before my club's July 4 grand opening/open shoot. But I can deal with the standard tube for now. :p

So ... When do the wind chimes go on sale?

I'm new on this forum, but have been reading for a while...a great resource while provoking a smile now and then...

My son-in-law is headed to Afghanistan this coming Sunday (USAF) -- We thought he had a couple of weeks, but a call tonight reported the date had moved up. I've seen this coming for a few months now...anyway, I just got Michael as a son-in-law last January and so by now I've had a couple of months of concern for his welfare. Been soaking up as much as I can on what a warrior's life is like on the ground (he'll be connected with Army) and what he might appreciate that DOD may not provide. (Jesus, are they still having to hump body armor weighing 30+ lbs?) Thank God for the citizens that, this time, are supporting our troops.

There's nothing like having a loved one going into harm's way to put you in a mindset of the tactical sort. Not that I'm saying I'm anywhere near competent at such considerations, but I have managed to settle on (what I think is) a nice torch (a Fenix P3D, specs as follows:

• General Mode: 12 lumens (65hrs) -> 53 lumens (13hrs) -> 120 lumens (4.8hrs) -> SOS • Turbo Mode: 215 lumens (1.8hrs) -> Strobe • 33 days of survival use (2 continuous hours per day on the lowest setting) • Digitally Regulated for Constant Brightness • Low Battery Indication • Uses two CR123A battery (not included) • 11.4cm (L) x 2.1cm (D) or 4.5 in (L) x 0.8 in (D)• Red filter available (got it)...along with a bunch of rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries, and charger.I also picked up a SOG Navy Seal Elite fixed-blade with sheath, which I already gave to Michael. Soon after seeing that he ordered himself a tourniquet, I got a little more serious on the knife...I'll be giving him the Randall Model 14 I've always wanted but never could justify...a beauty with cut-down tang, black micarta handle, black and brass spacers, brass #1 style double hilt, single-finger grip, and brass butt with thong...it came with a black Sullivan smooth button C sheath, but I picked up a Spec-Ops Combat Master in tan, thinking that'll do MOLLE if desired.Sooooooooooo, on the upside, all this warrior zen has "gotten" to me, personally, and thus, my post here. Never had my own shotgun before, but now it's time. I ordered an M4 11707 today at my local shop and then jumped online to carriercomp.com for their Ti mag tube (OEM parkerized)...thanks Kip! The M4 may take as long as 6 months, but it'll be worth the wait...and I'll just have some quality "alone time" with my BM4-TiFLMT+S-"DG"... :) Thanks for putting up a great forum.Robert

Biscuitbreath,

Wish your SIL luck from us.

If you want to get your M4 faster and probably cheaper, there are ways. They come up for sale on here quite often. If you don't want to wait, gunbroker is always available.

If you want black:

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=132900009

If you want tan:

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=132815578

Biscuitbreath,

Wish your SIL luck from us.

+1

And, might I add, those are a couple of find knives. As a Marine, I've got a preference for Ka-bar knives; but the SOG SeAL knives are beautifully designed fighting knives. I haven't had the pleasure of using a Randall, but it looks like a beast of a knife.

You seem like you've got a big heart and a good head on you. Don't know if you've been in the services before, but I don't want to assume you have either. That said, I will impart some knowledge from my experiences:

I don't know if your SIL is a CAC, PJ, or other AF commando, but in any case, keep in mind that he's more likely to use the knife as a tool to cut cord, chop branches, and dig as he is to fight with it. A sturdy high-carbon blade that is fairly thick and partially-serrated is usually preferable to stainless steel non-serrated blades.

Multi-tools (Leatherman and Gerber are two brands that I'd trust) are also very helpful. While you're not going to fight with one, having one is going to save a guy's blade from some abuse (cutting wire, driving screws, etc.).

Update from Kip (summarized and paraphrased by my) on Ti tube orders:

Lots of tubes waiting to be painted. They were NOT painted today due to 80% humidity (optimal is less than 70%). They are expected to be painted AND shipped tomorrow. Shipped labels printed before midnight tonight. This is in reference to all April orders.

Rails are finished except for the contouring of the bottom. A custom tool is being made and Kip needs a day to drive and have it made (it will be made while he waits, he will have it that day). His schedual has thus precluded him from making that trip, but it's coming soon.

The recoil reducers are done. They are waiting to be anodized. They will be anodized at the same time as the rails will be.

This is all the information that I have gleaned for public consumption :cool:

ETA: The reason for the delays on the Ti tubes are related to Kip's dedication to tolerances and his trouble with finding reliably punctual workers to operate his machinery to those standards. I would rather have the tube late than have the tube half-assed. Good call.

Edited by Unobtanium

Lots of tubes waiting to be painted. They were NOT painted today due to 80% humidity (optimal is less than 70%). They are expected to be painted AND shipped tomorrow. Shipped labels printed before midnight tonight. This is in reference to all April orders.

Rails are finished except for the contouring of the bottom. A custom tool is being made and Kip needs a day to drive and have it made (it will be made while he waits, he will have it that day). His schedual has thus precluded him from making that trip, but it's coming soon.

The recoil reducers are done. They are waiting to be anodized. They will be anodized at the same time as the rails will be.

ETA: The reason for the delays on the Ti tubes are related to Kip's dedication to tolerances and his trouble with finding reliably punctual workers to operate his machinery to those standards. I would rather have the tube late than have the tube half-assed. Good call.

I tingle with excitement at the thought of my tube being shipped soon :D

...also i wasn't killed by zombies (yet) because i didn't have my extended mag tube so i can't really be all that mad.

Thanks for the update. Like you,quality is important to me but this has bordered on the ridiculous regarding the delay. I can't fix the employee problem nor do feel an obligation to shoulder the burden for it. If mine isn't here by Friday, I'm CNX my order. At this point, over night shipping for what we expected to have weeks ago wouldn't be a surprise. I've paid for mine over a month ago (2 June) and ordered it over nine weeks ago (26 Apr) after being promised a 4-6 week waiting period in his ad.

Edited by BigHat

I bet 25 people would be willing to take your spot.

Maybe even make 25 bucks for standing in line for three months.

I'm not interested in profiting from this. Someone will get my spot for free because I'm sick of the BS. If it can't be here by Friday I want my money back and will 1) reassemble it as is or 2) buy another tube from someone else. I think this is the best tube, but I EXPECT ACCOUNTABILITY like it's expected of me every f-ing day in what I do to make a living. As they say in the Corps, excuses are like... Two weeks late is plenty of slack, what will be a month at best is UNSAT.

Edited by BigHat

I'm not interested in profiting from this. Someone will get my spot for free because I'm sick of the BS. If it can't be here by Friday I want my money back and will 1) reassemble it as is or 2) buy another tube from someone else. I think this is the best tube, but I EXPECT ACCOUNTABILITY like it's expected of me every f-ing day in what I do to make a living. As they say in the Corps, excuses are like... Two weeks late is plenty of slack, what will be a month at best is UNSAT.

You are overlooking a few things.

I am by no means making excuses for Kip's delays, however, I am stating facts. Kip could not control what happened, and if you demand a component sooner, by all means that is your right and provelidge as a customer.

Kip is getting you what he promised you, albeit late.

Kip did not do this on purpose, and could not control the circumstances.

Kip is not a large company and it is rediculous to expect him to overnight dozens of tubes.

Kip is a small company, and by nature, things happen that are out of the control of small companies--such as employee's lying about their circumstances and leaving you high and dry.

What we get BECAUSE he is a small company, in exchange for these inconveniences is: unprecedented QC. Almost instant concept to product times. 1:1 dealing with the owner of said company.

It is a give/trade situation.

Edited by Unobtanium

You are overlooking a few things.

Kip is getting you what he promised you, albeit late.

Kip did not do this on purpose, and could not control the circumstances.

Kip is not a large company and it is rediculous to expect him to overnight dozens of tubes.

Kip is a small company, and by nature, things happen that are out of the control of small companies--such as employee's lying about their circumstances and leaving you high and dry.

What we get BECAUSE he is a small company, in exchange for these inconveniences is: unprecedented QC. Almost instant concept to product times. 1:1 dealing with the owner of said company.

It is a give/trade situation.

I'm plenty aware of the nature of his company, I read all the posts. When you run a business, big or small, you are responsible for the way it's run.

Spare me the BS that he can't control the people he HAD working for him. Sure, we all make mistakes I grant you that, just don't tell me the customers bear the burden. He hires someone great with high productivity-- we all get refunds?

So he promised 4-6 weeks and the end of this week will be 10 weeks in my case. So I'm expected to NOT EXPECT efforts on his part to make it right for me? He fails to deliver on his promise, but we shouldn't expect him to get a dime less by expediting shipping or whatever?

Oh, and while failing to deliver product to customers that have paid him, he opts to raise his price on the tube!! Amazing.

Edited by BigHat

I'm plenty aware of the nature of his company, I read all the posts. When you run a business, big or small, you are responsible for the way it's run.

Spare me the BS that he can't control the people he HAD working for him. Sure, we all make mistakes I grant you that, just don't tell me the customers bear the burden. He hires someone great with high productivity-- we all get refunds?

So he promised 4-6 weeks and the end of this week will be 10 weeks in my case. So I'm expected to NOT EXPECT efforts on his part to make it right for me? He fails to deliver on his promise, but we shouldn't expect him to get a dime less by expediting shipping or whatever?

Dime less? Are you aware of what next-day air costs? It ain't a dime over priority I promise you that.

What do you think Kip should have done when someone refused to show up to work most of the time? Fire him? He did. Then he hired someone else, who also seemed to be full of fail. Fired and hired again. A machine-shop isn't like a lemonade stand, there is training time, etc. involved. A good machinist is worth more than any of those multi-thousand dollar machines he will use. A good machinist is worth his weight in gold and hard as **** to find.

Like I said, I am not aplogizing for Kip, that's on him. I am stating however, that he is handling it the best he can be expected to.

Dime less? Are you aware of what next-day air costs? It ain't a dime over priority I promise you that.

What do you think Kip should have done when someone refused to show up to work most of the time? Fire him? He did. Then he hired someone else, who also seemed to be full of fail. Fired and hired again. A machine-shop isn't like a lemonade stand, there is training time, etc. involved. A good machinist is worth more than any of those multi-thousand dollar machines he will use. A good machinist is worth his weight in gold and hard as **** to find.

Like I said, I am not aplogizing for Kip, that's on him. I am stating however, that he is handling it the best he can be expected to.

I know you aren't apologizing for him and I confess to liking the guy too, but we have a business relationship here.

All I ask is that he deliver 4 to 6 weeks late on what he PROMISED in his ad or refund my money. I'm no longer accepting p*ss poor performance and "dog ate my homework" excuses. For the last three weeks this problem was supposed to have been resolved. You other guys can deal with his excuses as you wish.

Edited by BigHat

I know you aren't apologizing for him and I confess to liking the guy too, but we have a business relationship here.

All I ask is that he deliver 4 to 6 weeks late on what he PROMISED in his ad or refund my money. I'm no longer accepting p*ss poor performance and "dog ate my homework" excuses. For the last three weeks this problem was supposed to have been resolved. You other guys can deal with his excuses as you wish.

I feel that Kip is the kind of person who in the future will remember that he gave me 3 deadlines that he did not meet, and each time, I accepted it without getting too ruffled in public. Since I don't think that Kip did this on purpose, I think you have 1 of 2 options realistically:

Ask for a refund and move on--or don't. However, asking for a refund now that the tubes are already done (confirmed, they are cut and ready for painting as of NOW) and just await painting, would be kindof dumb. By the time you got your inferior tube the rest of us will have our Ti tube.

You can't get blood from a turnip and spurning Kip for not delivering on time won't make him deliver any faster.