FS - New M4 NIB $1275 shipped

tactical1

• 2 weeks later...

It's here! (pictures pretty much the same as the ad had!)

It IS marketed as a home defense gun- so the wife wants to shoot it (she grew up on a hunting preserve with lots of shotguns around-plus the "home defense" excuse got me the nod to buy it.) Are there any of the oem/aftermarket recoil pads for the stock for an M4?

Also, what is a recommended home defense load/choke?

You don't need any pads. The M4 is one of the softest recoiling shotguns you'll ever shoot. If you want to make it easier for her to shoot, look into the Mesa Tactical Urbino stock with its shorter LOP. Then cut as much weight as possible so she can hold it up without fatigue. A titanium mag tube is the best way to reduce weight and add function.

I don't know anyone who has gotten the polished or matte magazine tube. Most simply go with black or tan to match their base gun's finish.

Here she is- all C-stocked and ready for my titanium tube and a USA rail ( I have the Brownell follower, but will wait to install that when I do the mag.)

IS Kip coming out with a rail & bolt handle?

again- thanks for the leads on the C-stock and the M4.

Looks Good Barometric!

Yes, Kip will be coming out with a rail and bolt handle. Hopefully soon.

Take Care,

Hookster :)

I hadnt gone to shoot it yet being I'm still in the preliminary stage of joining the gun club and had no place to go- so i saw a NRA Basic Shotgun course about an hour away and figured that would be a good place to fire the first shot (being i havent picked up a shotgun for over 10 years.)

Was a pretty basic course, like it says- at least if I have to use the M4 in the house, I have a certficate for showing Mr. DA that at least I had an interest in using it safely and responsibly (if that means anything )

It was great shooting this thing- I used the c-stock at the mid-point which is where it felt best.

This will get addiciting :D.

Anyway, here's my target at 25 yards.

I did (11) slugs and (12) 00 Buck through the factory choke.

The 5 on the left ("his" right) were trying the rapid fire of 5 slugs while standing- got to get used to that recovery. 772494812_N9k8f-L.jpg

Edited by barometric

I hadnt gone to shoot it yet being I'm still in the preliminary stage of joining the gun club and had no place to go- so i saw a NRA Basic Shotgun course about an hour away and figured that would be a good place to fire the first shot (being i havent picked up a shotgun for over 10 years.)

Was a pretty basic course, like it says- at least if I have to use the M4 in the house, I have a certficate for showing Mr. DA that at least I had an interest in using it safely and responsibly (if that means anything )

It was great shooting this thing- I used the c-stock at the mid-point which is where it felt best.

This will get addiciting .

Anyway, here's my target at 25 yards.

I did (11) slugs and (12) 00 Buck through the factory choke.

The 5 on the left ("his" right) were trying the rapid fire of 5 slugs while standing- got to get used to that recovery. 772494812_N9k8f-L.jpg

I think you killed him!...................:)