CDM BMT Light mount

Hookster

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in all...I'm pretty happy, I love my Benelli now with the back to basics approach. Getting rid of all the dead weight of the Sidearmor rail system and the Surefire M80 forend was definitely the right move. I'm very happy with the weight and quality of the CDM mount. The one allen screw to loosen for field stripping is a price I'm willing to pay. I heard form LA Police Gear that my Surefire stuff is on the way so as soon as I have that and the CDM Mod-C mount in hand I'll post some pics and thoughts on that set up.

Later,

Hookster :)

All in all...I'm pretty happy, I love my Benelli now with the back to basics approach. Getting rid of all the dead weight of the Sidearmor rail system and the Surefire M80 forend was definitely the right move. I'm very happy with the weight and quality of the CDM mount. The one allen screw to loosen for field stripping is a price I'm willing to pay. I heard form LA Police Gear that my Surefire stuff is on the way so as soon as I have that and the CDM Mod-C mount in hand I'll post some pics and thoughts on that set up.

Wow.... I cant believe you ended up not liking your Surefire M80. You say it was too heavy/bulky? I like the look of it, and I am about to order one. What is it that bothered you the most about it? Did it hinder your shooting? Did the gun function properly? Can you give me an update before I place my order?

Thanks Man.....

Hey Zeke!!! Function was fine I had it on there for a few years for 922r compliance but I prefer the feel and lighter weight of the OEM grips. I did a review of the SF M80 with lots of pics here:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php/19942-Surefire-M80-Forend-Review?highlight=Surefire+922r+compliant+review

Later,

Hookster :-)

Thanks for the thorough review Hookster! I just ordered the BMT mount and a QD swivel. I'll put the x300 ultra on it when they have it in stock at LA Police Gear or Brownells. The ergonomics look pretty good with the light on the right side and the swivel on the left so that's how I plan to run it. Anyway, your photos and comments were a big help. Much appreciated.

Only drawback to this setup is the extra tool required to field strip. That's a compromise but I am okay with it.

Only drawback to this setup is the extra tool required to field strip.

I see this often as an objection, but really, how often does one anticipate 'field stripping' their M4?

I submit if one is concerned about 'field stripping' their M4 they can simply add the allen wrench for doing so to their kit - the 'extra weight' would be nominal. I've even thought about making some provision on the stock for doing so, but haven't pursued it as I don't find it to be an issue for me at this time.

Thanks for the thorough review Hookster! I just ordered the BMT mount and a QD swivel. I'll put the x300 ultra on it when they have it in stock at LA Police Gear or Brownells. The ergonomics look pretty good with the light on the right side and the swivel on the left so that's how I plan to run it. Anyway, your photos and comments were a big help. Much appreciated.

Only drawback to this setup is the extra tool required to field strip. That's a compromise but I am okay with it.

Hey Case!

Yeah.... Unless I totally fall in love with the ergonomics of the Surefire G2x in the Mod-C mount I will probably stick with the X300 Ultra in the BMT.

Later,

I see this often as an objection, but really, how often does one anticipate 'field stripping' their M4?

That was my reasoning as well. The gun will work reliably until I have time to clean it. That might be one trip to the range or it could be several, but it isn't really a legitimate obstacle. I'll just throw the allen wrench in the bag with the wrench for the mount for the optic. ; )

Hey Zeke!!! Function was fine I had it on there for a few years for 922r compliance but I prefer the feel and lighter weight of the OEM grips. I did a review of the SF M80 with lots of pics here:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php/19942-Surefire-M80-Forend-Review?highlight=Surefire+922r+compliant+review

Yah... I actually checked that post out quite a while ago. I learned a lot from it. This is probably where I first saw the Surefire after I first purcahased my Benelli M4. Im not sure if you remember, but I spoke with you last winter about it vs the CZ. I ended up buying the CZ. It is OK but I guess I've come to agree that the pringle can theory is true. So my 2nd option would be the Surefire, but now I see you arent using yours due to weight? I see in your older post that you had not only the Surefire installed, but a few other accesories as well. My question is, is the gun heavy with just the Surefire and no other accessary's? All I plan on using is maybe a detachable flashlight and that will only be installed by my nightstand. Thanks for all of your advise.

Yah... I actually checked that post out quite a while ago. I learned a lot from it. This is probably where I first saw the Surefire after I first purcahased my Benelli M4. Im not sure if you remember, but I spoke with you last winter about it vs the CZ. I ended up buying the CZ. It is OK but I guess I've come to agree that the pringle can theory is true. So my 2nd option would be the Surefire, but now I see you arent using yours due to weight? I see in your older post that you had not only the Surefire installed, but a few other accesories as well. My question is, is the gun heavy with just the Surefire and no other accessary's? All I plan on using is maybe a detachable flashlight and that will only be installed by my nightstand. Thanks for all of your advise.

I have noticed alot of us with the surefire M80 have took them off. I wouldnt say weight was the cause at least not for me as I never noticed a difference but I do love the way the stock forend feels not sure why but I do.

the sure fire also didnt let me mount my X400 the way I wanted so that was the deal breaker and it had to go.

Hey Zeke!

The weight of adding on the M80 alone is not bad at all, a little under 3oz

I did have a lot hanging on there besides the M80 that added weight but when I originally set up my Benelli we didn't have all the 922r compliance parts that are available now. Like RocketW19, I've always liked the feel of the OEM grips quite a bit so now that I can be compliant (with the Geiselle Hammer) and..... have the comfortable grips I prefer and....shed a few ounces to boot....that seemed like the way to go.

Take Care,

Hey Zeke!

The weight of adding on the M80 alone is not bad at all, a little under 3oz

I did have a lot hanging on there besides the M80 that added weight but when I originally set up my Benelli we didn't have all the 922r compliance parts that are available now. Like RocketW19, I've always liked the feel of the OEM grips quite a bit so now that I can be compliant (with the Geiselle Hammer) and..... have the comfortable grips I prefer and....shed a few ounces to boot....that seemed like the way to go.

Take Care,

Yah I guess the Geiselle Hammer is another option fo me to consider so that I can change back to stock and still be compliant. For just going to the range for a day, to make it as lite as posible. But it just takes forever just to order a dang part !!

Yah I guess the Geiselle Hammer is another option fo me to consider so that I can change back to stock and still be compliant. For just going to the range for a day, to make it as lite as posible. But it just takes forever just to order a dang part !!

Yes the Geiselle Hammer is certainly one long wait, after ordering the hammer go over and order FFT's disconnector & trigger. Received the disconnector & trigger within one week of ordering.

Hey All,

I received my CDM Mod-C mount today and have been playing around with it.

The quality is excellent and it keeps the light mounted very close/low profile to the barrel but it doesn't place the back of the Surefire G2X tactical flashlight as far back as I had hoped for easy activation with my index finger on the right side of the weapon. I much prefer the ergonomics of the CDM BMT with the X300 which places the switch about 2" further back. Also, the sideways toggle switch is easier to manipulate than pressing down on the flashlight button.

I then tried it on the left side and the ergos for thumb activation are much better (see pic below) but my goal was for the right side mounting so I will be sticking with the BMT/X300 ultra combo. What this setup would be good for is for a left side mounting for say HD where there was no plan to also have a sling mounted. I think that even if you had a sling mounted at 6oclock at the front attachment point there would be some degree of conflict/interaction with the light and mount. The other situation to which I can see it being well suited would be with a flashlight (left or right side mounted) that had a remote tailcap with a pressure pad mounted to the grips. You could then move the light even farther forward if you wanted to reduce shadowing. BTW the G2x packs a nice punch!... I think I will sell the Mod -C...If it sounds like something any of you can use, send me a PM....and now, some pics!

DSCN0467.jpg

DSCN0466.jpg

Thanks for the thorough review Hookster!

I installed my CDM bmt mount, took the x300 off my pistol and tried it out. I was pleased with the ergos and the weight. The rail on the cdm mount was a tad wider than the rail on my handgun and stuck slightly. After a few installs and removals it got easier. I checked to make sure the x300 was still solid on the handgun so no issues there. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase. The guy should give a referral rate! I wouldn't have bought it without your pics and feedback.

Thanks for the thorough review Hookster!

I installed my CDM bmt mount, took the x300 off my pistol and tried it out. I was pleased with the ergos and the weight. The rail on the cdm mount was a tad wider than the rail on my handgun and stuck slightly. After a few installs and removals it got easier. I checked to make sure the x300 was still solid on the handgun so no issues there. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase. The guy should give a referral rate! I wouldn't have bought it without your pics and feedback.

Hey Case, I'm glad it was helpful....I'm really happy with the BMT/X300 set up too!! Did you go with the 6 slot rail?

Hey Case, I'm glad it was helpful....I'm really happy with the BMT/X300 set up too!! Did you go with the 6 slot rail?

I opted for the 3 slot rail and it fits well. I don't mind moving my hand forward on the foregrip. Mounted the BMT about 1/16" off the end of the foregrip and it feels good to me. I don't notice the weight of the light and mount at all, which I really like. Going to try it out at the range next time, make sure it's a good fit while practicing.

Haven't mounted my sling yet because I need an adapter for the rear of the stock. Not a fan of the sling mount on the stock. I'm going to look at some different options.

Now if lapolicegear had that x300 ultra in stock...

-case-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Later,

Hookster, you and Stranger Danger always have the most well thought out and useful posts. Thanks!! I am very conscious of the weight issue as well. May go this route myself. Appreciate the info.