CDM BMT Light mount

Hookster

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one for about one year. I liked it alot, but it was a little bit of a pain to have to remove it to field strip. I think its the best barrel/mag tube mounted light mount --- VERY light.

There still isn't a really great way to do a light on an M4. The BLAM4 is a great idea but missed the target by a little bit.

I had one for about one year. I liked it alot, but it was a little bit of a pain to have to remove it to field strip. I think its the best barrel/mag tube mounted light mount --- VERY light.

There still isn't a really great way to do a light on an M4. The BLAM4 is a great idea but missed the target by a little bit.

Thanks for the reply Calviroman!...Yeah, the weight is one of the things I like about it. I'm kind of doing a complete redo on my M4 and going as light as I can and still have a light attached I took off my Sidearmor rail system and Surefire forearm I was happy with the ergonomics of the light and switch placement on the Sidearmor but it's always been heavier than I really wanted.

Why did you get rid of your BMT if you don't mind me asking? Also, What type of light did you have mounted to which side of the weapon and how were the ergonomics?

Thanks!

Hookster :)

Hey All... Does anyone have experience with this mount on an M4 and have any thoughts they want to share regarding overall quality and ergonomics when used with specific lights?

http://www.cdmgear.com/bmt.html

Thanks!

always heard good thing about them. but never used one or even seen one in person. I got ride of my surefire also and was just thing about getting one of these the other day. how often do you clean your shot gun? might not be that bad?

always heard good thing about them. but never used one or even seen one in person. I got ride of my surefire also and was just thing about getting one of these the other day. how often do you clean your shot gun? might not be that bad?

Yeah.... its secured with one bolt, I don't think that will slow down the cleaning operation to an unacceptable level...:D

I had a Surefire 1" G2 LED flashlight with a Surefire clicky tailcap. Ergo's were excellent and its very low profile. I took the BMT mount off and sold it on the message board. I sold it mainly because I planned on switching to an X300 on the BLAM 4. I have not replaced the BMT yet -- I'm waiting to see if a version 2 of the BLAM 4 comes out as speculated. I'm not using the M4 for home defense right now so not having a weaponlight is not a big deal at this time.

Edited by calviroman

I had a Surefire 1" G2 LED flashlight with a Surefire clicky tailcap. Ergo's were excellent and its very low profile. I took the BMT mount off and sold it on the message board. I sold it mainly because I planned on switching to an X300 on the BLAM 4. I have not replaced the BMT yet -- I'm waiting to see if a version 2 of the BLAM 4 comes out as speculated. I'm not using the M4 for home defense right now so not having a weaponlight is not a big deal at this time.

Thanks Calviroman!

Did you have it mounted left or right side? I'm trying to look at mounting the light on the right side so there isn't a conflict between a left side sling and light... so I'm looking at the ergos of index finger activation instead of thumb activation on the left side.

I hadn't heard any speculation on V2 of the BLAM 4 but I recall the owner and or inventor was posting on here for a little while. Did he post something to fuel the speculation? It seems like the basic design has a lot of merit if it was just a bit more solid.

Take Care,

Hey All,

Quick update on these mounts....I received an email reply from Scott at CDM today. The re-designed CDM BMT should be available in about 2 weeks. The new model has the sling mount integral instead of an add-on. I'm going to get one of these to play with as a possible light mounting solution. I may need to fab a shim of some kind to get clearance around the front of the forearm but I think this might work for what I want. I'll be posting review and pics if I can make it do what I want.

Later,

Edited by Hookster

Subscribing to this thread because I'm aiming at the same setup as Hookster, likely the CDM v2 or BLAM v2 with an x300, and I want to incorporate a sling mount.

I don't mind removing the CDM mount with an Allen wrench for cleaning but I'd prefer if I could use a quarter, shotgun shell edge, back of a knife, etc, in a pinch.

Edited by Case
Clean up grammar

Welcome to the forum Case!! May be able to trade out the bolt on the CDM to something that could be tightened/loosened with a quarter etc. I've mocked mine up with tape where I think I can get it to sit using the CDM with the 6 slot rail mounted offset from the end and liked the positioning well enough although I can't tell for sure if I will have clearance enough at the front of the forearm. I may need to shim the rail out slightly and trade out to slightly longer rail mount bolts

Later

Thanks for the welcome.

Swapping the bolts is a good idea. I don't like having to do that but I may go that route. I will look at it when the new mounts come out and then make my purchase.

Curious: Why the 6 slot rail on the CDM for you?

Curious: Why the 6 slot rail on the CDM for you?

I will probably order both the 4 and 6 slot rails but it looks like the 6 slot has a set of holes at the end which would put the other end of the rail a little further back than you could get the 4 slot assuming you have the clamp portion as far back as it will go on the mag tube. I'm thinking I will probably have to remove the factory forward sling plate to help with the clearance. It it sounds linked the new clamp will provide a new forward sling mount. I'm looking to have the light mounted on the right side so that I'd be activating with left hand index finger. I'll keep you posted... And if anyone has any other ideas along these lines I'd love to hear them..

Later,

Doesn't suit me for the following reasons:

- I own my gun, not the US Government. As such, I refuse to mount anything with Duct Tape to the weapon except in a dire emergency. It is a tool and I have no problem getting it dirty or scratched during use but using tape to strap on a light (or anything else) is for weapons that belong to someone else. If it gets dinged or beat to h*ll I don't fill out a form for a new one; I get out my wallet. (And I fill out a form, but you get the idea.)

- Not interested in the strobe feature, nor am I interested in the full-size lights. Want to keep the weight down. For my application the x300 is fine. If I were going for the full-size lights and strobe I would get the Elzetta. Those lights are made in the USA (unlike the Mears light) and they are superb.

Edited to add: I don't mean to impugn the quality of a made in China light in principle. No doubt that light is very tough and good value for money. I prefer to buy stuff made in the USA if I can. It's a personal preference.

Why not just go Delta Force and Duck Tape a light on your Benelli. Or get this Its 1000 Lumen, MTE M3-2l Tactical Flashlight by Greg Mcgee. That you can take on and off real easy.

Edited by Case

Mine was made in Italy.

It's true that I could have bought a Mossberg 930 SPX. It's also true that the Benelli M4 is a superior shotgun. But the Benelli costs more than 2x as much. Is it twice as good? Depends who you ask. I felt it was worth it, even though it wasn't made in the USA.

I can understand that but where was your shotgun made?

Mine was made in Italy.

It's true that I could have bought a Mossberg 930 SPX. It's also true that the Benelli M4 is a superior shotgun. But the Benelli costs more than 2x as much. Is it twice as good? Depends who you ask. I felt it was worth it, even though it wasn't made in the USA.

I am not trying to mess with you but point is made you dont care where its made you want the best gun,part what ever. nothing wrong with that I am same way.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this because it's been about 2 weeks and I'm looking for an update.

Any word? I checked the CDM website but nothing. I'd imagine that would be the last thing he updated anyway.

Hey All,

Quick update on these mounts....I received an email reply from Scott at CDM today. The re-designed CDM BMT should be available in about 2 weeks. The new model has the sling mount integral instead of an add-on. I'm going to get one of these to play with as a possible light mounting solution. I may need to fab a shim of some kind to get clearance around the front of the forearm but I think this might work for what I want. I'll be posting review and pics if I can make it do what I want.

Later,

Bumping this because it's been about 2 weeks and I'm looking for an update.

Any word? I checked the CDM website but nothing. I'd imagine that would be the last thing he updated anyway.

No.... I've got a reminder on the computer that the 2 weeks is up so I've been checking every time I get on....nothing yet...:( but I'll post as soon as anything changes.

Later,