Are all of Us Gun Owners Gutless???

Zeke

well NRA lovers I remember the AWB and it was on the news! I told my mom ok mom just wait the NRA is gonna take care of this. I do not remember the dude or his speach but I do remember I never gave a penny to them after it. They sold us out on that one for sure.

It wasn't the NRA that wrote, voted for, and passed the Clinton assault weapon ban. There was a democrat in the WH, and a democratic majority in both houses. The vote was a foregone conclusion.

People get what they ask for when they elect the politicians they do. Put the blame where it belongs.

Edited by XTrooper

I still find it SAD that there is even an organization like NRA (whether you like them or not) that has to "lobby" to maintain the 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights! The Bill of Rights were written with words that told the government that the following rights were the Peoples's Rights and not the Government's Rights.

As XTrooper pointed out, the "climate" is not good for gun owners/2nd Amendment, and the math supports a bad trend. We are also seeing the current government playing around with the 1st and 4th Amendments (e.g. religion - contraception mandate; search & seizure - DOJ Patriot Act) and how many other areas of the Bill of Rights are being "modified" via DOJ and Presidential Executive Orders since the main-stream Press sees nothing, hears nothings and says nothing, anymore.

We can only hope that the people wake up and stand by the Constitution. I'm concerned about the 'math' in that regards, as well.

A neighbor asked me why are so many people in the past month running out and buying guns and ammo? My answer: They are afraid of ______ (you fill in the blank).

To stay aligned with this forum's subject matter: I just passed 1000 rds on my Benelli M4 WITHOUT any malfuctions!:)

Divide and conquer! that's the strategy that the left is playing , and they are winning. If the responsible folks that still make up the majority of the VOTING public don't unite on their core issues we will lose this country. Core issues... 1 st , 2nd , 4th ammendments.... folks must put aside their small differences and unite behind the central issues. Evangelicals and Catholics on religious liberty, abortion and gay agenda; and yes gun right folks need one strong well financed voice and today that's the NRA, like them or not they are the only voice with power.

Like the man said... "A house divided in itself can not stand"

Joe B

The NRA Press conference yesterday pretty much did that. If anyone was on the fence, they fell off. I almost wanted to turn my guns in after listening to that. Talk about tone deaf and impossibly out of touch with everything that is going on right now. The only hope, I think, is that gun legislation is written quickly and there is a push to rush it through. My guess is that enough people in the House will resist a quick rush to a solution.

You sound a lot like a spokesman for the liberal media.

If the NRA suggestion of putting armed security in schools is so "impossibly out of touch" and is as crazy an idea as liberals everywhere are now portraying it, why wasn't it a crazy notion in 2000 when President Clinton pledged 60 million dollars to do the exact same thing? Apparently, you and the liberal media have conveniently forgotten about the "COPS in School" program.

http://articles.latimes.com/2000/apr/16/news/mn-20323

• 2 weeks later...

While I (justifiably) hold a very poor opinion of the NRA due entirely to their HORRENDOUS track record in supporting all the monumentally bad legislation beginning in 1934, I DO strongly suggest making a generous donation to the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action. All money that is sent to the NRA-ILA goes strictly to political action and is not diluted throughout the entire NRA.

FWIW, the spirit of Neal Knox lives on in the NRA-ILA. God bless Neal Knox.

http://www.nraila.org/

While I (justifiably) hold a very poor opinion of the NRA due entirely to their HORRENDOUS track record in supporting all the monumentally bad legislation beginning in 1934, I DO strongly suggest making a generous donation to the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action. All money that is sent to the NRA-ILA goes strictly to political action and is not diluted throughout the entire NRA.

FWIW, the spirit of Neal Knox lives on in the NRA-ILA. God bless Neal Knox.

http://www.nraila.org/

Two thumbs up for this post.

The NRA-ILA is going to need every penny they can raise to battle the tidal wave of anti-gun legislation that is going to hit us in the next few weeks and months on the Federal and State level.

two thumbs up for this post.

The nra-ila is going to need every penny they can raise to battle the tidal wave of anti-gun legislation that is going to hit us in the next few weeks and months on the federal and state level.

2 thumbs up here as well !! This is going to be a serious fight this time !