Whats the deal with !4" M4 barrels

t1h2t@3

Does anybody have more info on Revolation13, a guy on GunBroker selling "Genuine Benelli M4 entry 14" factory cut barrel ( Machine work done thru Beretta USA)"

What's the story here? are these legit? or 18"er's cut down? or are all 14"er's just cut down 18's?

If they are all cut downs, what about parkerizing the end?

Thanks for any info.

Then beretta really is cutting down 18" barrels, so the 14's will still be stamped 18 on the side of the barrel and the end will be really shinny metal. Does any one know how hard it is to have the tip of your barrel Parkerized so you don't end up signaling aircraft? And lastly, are theses considered "factory" barrels? Meaning all shortened barrels will have the shinny ring on the front end?

thanks against for you help

mine is not stamped and I got from the guy yuou are talking about! he is top notch feel free to buy (I paid more,lol )

I can not say on the end as mine is painted in camo but as lil memory i have I think it was all black. if not it sure didnt stand out or look funny. Sorry I couldnt help more but its been painted for a long time now and my memory sucks.

• 3 months later...

I placed a order for a 14" Benelli Entry barrel 5 months ago and it showed up today. However while waiting on the barrel I bought a brand new M2 Entry gun that had been sitting on the shelf of a local gun store for the last year. Price was killer and now I have a new Benelli M4 barrel and a new M2 Entry Gun. Told the wife I would consider selling the new barrel to cover the cost of the new M2. When I look on-line I see they have been selling for $1300 on Gun Broker, is this for real ???

No S/N from barrel required for NFA paper work, you need the S/N from your M4 receiver for that.

Have your FFL order the barrel. Having the barrel with a M4 and no stamp can be construed as constructive possession. Not a lawyer, but I wouldn't risk it. I have an SBS I can have a rack of barrels now, but I wouldn't risk having it without it.