WTB Carriercomp Benelli M4 Muzzlebrake/Compensator

Tom-Gun

lol what are you doing with my picture?

Hi KB Fab,

Sorry for that - I've already removed yours.

BTW What's your opinion about this brake? (effectiveness). I can see that it's ported on all sides so probably will not reduce so much muzzle flip like a typical comp. Probably it's more like a brake than a comp? Isn't it?

Thanks.

Edited by Tom-Gun

Hi KB Fab,

Sorry for that - I've already removed yours.

BTW What's your opinion about this brake? (effectiveness). I can see that it's ported on all sides so probably will not reduce so much muzzle flip like a typical comp. Probably it's more like a brake than a comp? Isn't it?

Thanks.

lol I thought it was funny so no worries. Yes it acts more like a brake and I don't really know what I think. Honestly I can't tell much of a difference with it. I think the added length that it gives the weapon is excessive but that's just me. I know it's a direct copy of the OEM version from Benelli although I don't even know if those are still being made. I hardly ever use mine unless someone else shooting wants to try it but I'd be hard pressed to sell it given my fondness for Kip and his products.

I know for a fact that brakes on shotguns can reduce felt recoil, but generally they have to be huge to have any effect at all and even then it is very small if not negligible. This brake is not large enough to have an effect on a shotgun from what I have seen. Pressures at 18.5" are super low, all the energy has bled off already. This brake is good for two things, if you care, looks and breaching.

To effectively brake a shotgun 3gunners will put mid barrel ports on them where the pressures are still high, these are effective.

There are some videos out there showing the effectiveness of brakes on Saiga's and only enormous brakes showed any noticeable change. Short of the mid-barrel brakes of course.

$T2eC16NHJGkE9no8gF1HBRT0KnjSKg~~60_12.JPG

Not too long ago I was also looking for a muzzle brake, but this one is made by HK and looks very similar to the Royal Arms one.

Anyone have any info on the HK one?

Picture source: http://www.ebay.com/itm/muzzle-brake-for-benelli-shotguns-/251250396459?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=K48Skum7EaSwpt%252B4IWXIqNjrju8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc