Installed carrier comp 7 round mag tube but loctite won't dry

BigKat660

You don't need loctite on it so you can also use nothing.

BTDT, shot loose in less than 100 rounds. Tried it with Loctite 242, shot loose again. I learned at that point through extensive research what the correct products are within the loctite line-up to use and for what metals. 243 is your formula.

BTDT, shot loose in less than 100 rounds. Tried it with Loctite 242, shot loose again. I learned at that point through extensive research what the correct products are within the loctite line-up to use and for what metals. 243 is your formula.

I had the same experience with the tube and cap loosening during shooting. Mine is steel, not Ti, and it is coated with NP3 including the threads. Maybe that is why it loosened, IDK, but it has remained tight after I used Loctite on it.

Just curious, did you shake it up well before you applied it? That's what it says in the instructions and it does separate when it sits for a while.

Yes I shook it up for a lil bit... But it seems like it's drying up now. Or at least where the threads are because I can unscrew it anyone. It seems like it's only still fresh where there is no metal on metal and thread contact. i am just going to wipe the excess loctite off

Yes I shook it up for a lil bit... But it seems like it's drying up now. Or at least where the threads are because I can unscrew it anyone. It seems like it's only still fresh where there is no metal on metal and thread contact. i am just going to wipe the excess loctite off

Loctite...? Never heard of it! Permatex surface insensitive and anaerobic primer are a winning combo.