How to mount the Aimpoint Micro T-2 to the top rail of the Benelli M4

WildBill-203

I would also recommend the Scalarworks LEAP mount. I got one to mount a Trijicon RMR to the top rail on my Sig MPX Copperhead K 4.5. Very good quality and light weight. The ratcheting knob for mounting is easy to use and works well. It is flush mount with no protrusions to catch on stuff. It can be installed and removed by hand with no tools. They have different heights. 

I called with questions before ordering and got the owner on his mobile phone while he was driving (call forwarding is good). He was patient and helpful. I also got the RMR mount to replace the rail on my M4. Good people and good equipment. 

On 12/31/2019 at 2:53 PM, Birdog19 said:

Check out the link below.  Scalarworks' LEAP mount is more expensive than the LaRue but a bit lighter.  Their website provides good detail and their quick disconnect, while not a throw lever like LaRue, looks pretty convincing.

https://scalarworks.com/shop/quick-detach-mounts/leap-01/

Aren't their mounts quite tall? Way too tall actually. I searched their website and could not find any low mounts like Bobro and ADM offers. I suspect Scalarworks focuses on AR-15 height mounts.

On 12/31/2019 at 1:04 AM, WildBill-203 said:

I have a New Micro T-2 laying around for about 2-years and thinking what mounts are available for the Benelli M4. Should I change the factory  top rail ? I would like to use the LaRue TT661 mount. What else is available for the Mirco T-2 ?

If you were to use a Bobro mount, I would change the light weight picatinny rail out for a standard rail. The light weight rails have a lot of the center removed and Bobro mounts require a solid rail due to their design. ADM mounts can be installed on a light weight rail though.

Wild Bill -

9" Nails brings up a good point and having reviewed the different products mentioned here, I think you need to ask yourself how you want to configure your M4.  I run an RMR red dot with Scalarworks mount that replaces the OEM pic rail.  It's lighter and co-witnesses well with the ghost ring sight.

In choosing your mount, do you want to co-witness with your Aimpoint or have a higher mount that you can look under to use the ghost ring site?  None of the LaRue T661 mounts appear to offer a co-witness or allow you to use your ghost sites at all. 

NineInch -

Can you use your ghost sites with the Bobro low mount?

18 hours ago, Birdog19 said:

Wild Bill -

9" Nails brings up a good point and having reviewed the different products mentioned here, I think you need to ask yourself how you want to configure your M4.  I run an RMR red dot with Scalarworks mount that replaces the OEM pic rail.  It's lighter and co-witnesses well with the ghost ring sight.

In choosing your mount, do you want to co-witness with your Aimpoint or have a higher mount that you can look under to use the ghost ring site?  None of the LaRue T661 mounts appear to offer a co-witness or allow you to use your ghost sites at all. 

NineInch -

Can you use your ghost sites with the Bobro low mount?

LaRue mounts shouldn't be used on light weight rails. I attached a pic showing damage caused by a light weight rail.

No, the mount raises the optic so it will not cowitness through the optic. That is why I like the Bobro mount. Quick, one-handed removal and reinstall.

I don't know if even a direct, clamp-on Bushnell TRS-25 would even cowitness. That's why I like QD mounts.

LaRue.jpg

Edited by NineInchNails