Rmr vs t2 for m4

BK02

On 4/3/2022 at 2:19 AM, M2_shootr said:

Those cap prices are nuts!

FYI be aware there's tons of airsoft fakes floating around. I remember somebody on another forum was scalping these like crazy. They would either sell the cap without packaging or keep the real cap and put in the faux cap with the real packaging. Heck, this basically applies to most gear. I know there's quite a few fake Unity fast mounts that got passed around recently.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Doge said:

FYI be aware there's tons of airsoft fakes floating around. I remember somebody on another forum was scalping these like crazy. They would either sell the cap without packaging or keep the real cap and put in the faux cap with the real packaging. Heck, this basically applies to most gear. I know there's quite a few fake Unity fast mounts that got passed around recently.

It's to the point where I only buy from authorized dealers, or from people who got the items from authorized dealers/know the provenance of the item.

• Upvote 1

Update on the metal cap situation. The Aimpoint factory T-2 cap will NOT fit. Only the Knight's double battery cap. The threads are the same but the o-ring seal and depth is different.

2 hours ago, Kahamu said:

Size comparison of the P2 and T2. Sorry, no mount for the P2. Plan to make her an offset rds for one of my rifles.

Nice, Rooftop? I am thinking about the Arisaka angled mount The scalar works sidekick looks awesome as well but its too far tucked in for me.

• Upvote 1

On 4/7/2022 at 2:14 AM, Unobtanium said:

It's to the point where I only buy from authorized dealers, or from people who got the items from authorized dealers/know the provenance of the item.

This is key.

There were many knockoffs sold a while back. Funny how those prices just seemed a bit too good. 

Buy from reputable dealers is key. 

17 hours ago, Doge said:

Update on the metal cap situation. The Aimpoint factory T-2 cap will NOT fit. Only the Knight's double battery cap. The threads are the same but the o-ring seal and depth is different.

Nice, Rooftop? I am thinking about the Arisaka angled mount The scalar works sidekick looks awesome as well but its too far tucked in for me.

Yeah, Rooftop. I currently have the Badger C1 mount but can't find an acro plate for the J arm anywhere. I am also intrigued by the Scalarworks kick mounts. If they ever comeback in stock, I may give it a try.

1 hour ago, KiloEcho6 said:

Jayyyzus! Acro is tiny. Intriguing 

Really tiny. I was actually surprised. May even consider putting it at the 12 o clock as a top mount. Wasn't an option before I actually saw how small it is.

Edited by Kahamu
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 3:25 PM, Doge said:

IMG-5050.jpg

IMG-5051.jpg

IMG-E5052.jpg

First impressions are great. Size is phenomenal. I can see why some friends in my circle are dumping their T-2 and RMRs for this. The walls of the optic kind of disappear once you peer through it.

The phone capture on the last picture was hard to do, so it gives an illusion of a fuzzy dot but it is in fact very crisp. There is a very faint blue tint to my eyes and it is on par with the T-2. This tint is also confirmed with some users on arfcom.

Any range reports from this setup? I was able to score another P-2 and I think she might replace the T-2 on my M4.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Doge said:

After using it, I prefer my SRO. The P-2 window is tiny as a fact, so when you shoulder it the dot can get slow to find.

It is built like a tank no question, but it also has the visibility like a tank.

Did it remain stable and in place?

6 hours ago, Doge said:

After using it, I prefer my SRO. The P-2 window is tiny as a fact, so when you shoulder it the dot can get slow to find.

It is built like a tank no question, but it also has the visibility like a tank.

Interesting. It didn't seem that hard to pick up compared to a t2 but that's just from shouldering it at the house. I'm still waiting on my acro adm low mount but I did get an adapter plate for my t2 mount to get a feel for it. Once the adm mount gets in, I'll take her to the range to test

Just a tad high for me with a t2 mount and acro adapter plate.

20220429_183219.thumb.jpg.265abcd3f202f345aee0b274b1c5796a.jpg

No issues with the B&T mount.

On my initial first post, I only mentioned the RMR and T-2. I think if you are running with a Trijicon SRO, then you will not like this optic because of the window. I still very much like the optic and the price I paid for it. I think I've had like every mainstream red dot optic now except for the Steiner MPS and the unreleased Eotech EFLX.

If you are coming from a RMR then it will feel like a upgrade. The battery location, battery life, and enclosure is a big plus. Way easier to clean the P-2 as well since it has flat glass.

• Upvote 2

Oh yeah another thing is the accessories you can mount on the P-2. I have not seen anybody talk about it much, but its super convenient. This is something my T-2 and CompM5S / CompM5B also has which the RMR, SRO, Holosun, Deltapoint lacks.

Aimpoint-ACRO-P2-Red-Dot-TFB-20-660x495.jpg

I could see myself 3D printing out a sunshade like the ERA TAC T-1 G28 sunshades.

• Upvote 1

On 4/30/2022 at 3:31 PM, Doge said:

I have considered replacing my RMR with an SRO. Would want to get one of the “armor covers” hit it though.

Love the SRO on my OZ9 

P2 held up after 150 slugs and 200 rounds of birdshot. No issues keeping zero and no evidence of shifting on the ADM mount. Window is smaller than the T2 but I had no problems finding the dot. Shouldering the weapon, the dot was always there. I also shoot with both eyes open. 

I feel comfortable having it replace the T2.

3 hours ago, Kahamu said:

P2 held up after 150 slugs and 200 rounds of birdshot. No issues keeping zero and no evidence of shifting on the ADM mount. Window is smaller than the T2 but I had no problems finding the dot. Shouldering the weapon, the dot was always there. I also shoot with both eyes open. 

I feel comfortable having it replace the T2.

Can you confirm the amount torque and whether or not you used a threadlocker on the acro to adm juncture?

My P2 and ADM Ti mount arrived today (together---nice!).

Under white light or ambient, I am VERY pleased with the P2. Under NODS, it is underwhelming to say the least. On the dimmest setting, it is just about to bloom, and "smears" very easily. As you may know, under NODS it's very hard to keep a straight line between eye----NOD---Optic---Target. This is why parallax is such a huge deal in night vision compatible optics, as well. Anyway, the least bit of "off axis" you are, the Acro will "smear" out like an RDS with a person who has astigmatism. The T2 does this a small amount if you turn it up a bit bright for conditions and make the angle extreme, but the P2 is easily 2-3x as bad. It is not unusable, but after you use a T2, you won't be pleased. As far as light transmission, the T2 slightly edged out my P2 under NODS. Not worth really bragging on, just a minor footnote. Both are fully serviceable with a PVS14, except the P2 may annoy you with its lowest brightness setting being on the very upper limit of what you'd like for dark environs. For urban, I bet it does much better all around. That said, at night the buttons also take some getting used to finding, while the T2's dial is self explanatory to find and manipulate. If you throw gloves into the equation, and a hair big of stress, the P2 would become entirely unusable in varying lighting conditions. Overall, great pistol optic where the gun is held more on your centerline, but not my choice for a long gun.

• Upvote 2